Glow plug issue

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
Ok how do I get the glow plugconnector out when they are broke off flush with the head? Whoever came up with this idea should be punched in the mouth

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
Its a 6.0.the plastic things that pop into the head are all broke so I have nothing to grab to pull them out.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I've never seen those broken or broken them taking them out. Maybe drill and bolt extractor? Hopefully you're on the drivers side where there is more room to work :D

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
1 on drivers side all 4 on passengers side.ive had them break the very tops off where the wire looms clip on but they just popped right out.I soaked these ones with pb blaster and gonna soak them again tomorrow.they're also stuck.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Do you mean the Glow Plug Sleeves? There is a tool that is used to pull them out. PM me your email address and I will send you the info I have on the Ford DVD. I won't get to it tonight, but tomorrow.

Dave

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
f450sprdty@aol.

These things suk to work on.why would they stuff a motor in like that?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
Thanks again for the email dave:sweet .I probably wasnt very clear.im doing just your everyday routine glow plug replacement.the problem is I cant get the wire connectors to pop out of the heads so I can remove the glow plugs.I broke every connector and now have nothing to grab to pull them out.feels like the orings are stuck.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
All set.had to chisel them out and replace both glow plug harnesses.id love to get my hands on whoever designed this nightmare.even replacing the harnesses is an all day job.I think im gonna add this to the things I will not work on.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
All set.had to chisel them out and replace both glow plug harnesses.id love to get my hands on whoever designed this nightmare.even replacing the harnesses is an all day job.I think im gonna add this to the things I will not work on.

Might want to reconsider, Rich. There is good money working on 6.0L's. I've never had a problem removing the harness, usually you can have both harnesses off in a few minutes. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58