glow plug relay test

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the gpr test with multimeter on 20dc current and got .06 reading.Does this tell me that my relay is bad? JUst installed a new one this afternoon and yep d old one was bad.

Last edited:

AARON29

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
King0581,are you having a hard time starting it in the morning when it is cold? I have a 03 250crewcab automatic 6.0 and I have a hell of a time starting it when it is only about 40 degrees out if I didn't plug it in.

godofdew11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aaron, that aint right dont know 6.slows that well but it aint right. OP which pole did you get .06 on? on the new one? or the old one? im kinda confused, and i swear i haven't been drinking.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The .06 reading was on the old one. The new one had a reading of 11.0 something, right at 12.0. The decimal and zero were in the right spot on that reading on the old one. Yeah that was my problem too. Mine wouldnt start when it was 45 outside either, without being pluged up. It would also smoke like he** when it did finally start. Thats probably your problem also. Be sure to check around on the prices when replacing the solenoid. Ford wanted $105 and one local part store wanted $115! Found mine for $75. The truck is still under warranty but I wasnt about to wait a week before the dealer could even think about looking at it for me. So now I'm in the process of trying to get my warranty to reimburse me for the solenoid.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The .06 reading was on the old one. The new one had a reading of 11.0 something, right at 12.0. The decimal and zero were in the right spot on that reading on the old one. Yeah that was my problem too. Mine wouldnt start when it was 45 outside either, without being pluged up. It would also smoke like he** when it did finally start. Thats probably your problem also. Be sure to check around on the prices when replacing the solenoid. Ford wanted $105 and one local part store wanted $115! Found mine for $75. The truck is still under warranty but I wasnt about to wait a week before the dealer could even think about looking at it for me. So now I'm in the process of trying to get my warranty to reimburse me for the solenoid.:stir

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt take the time to check on line because it was gonna be cold here and I'd already gotten aggravated with the truck not startn. I'll know better next time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg