Glow plug relay's

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
I have a question about the relays for the glow plugs

what are the two of them for and which one does what? the engine is having a hard time starting and not sure which one to replace? the guy replace the one, the shorter of the two I think. also what are the part numbers from Napa or whoever else.

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try this one. I have it and I know others do also. They are SUPER HEAVY DUTY and will last longer than the OEM ones do and are cheaper than them also.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
cheaper and longer lasting I'd go for..
I just replaced mine and it was like $100 from NAPA..
and it seems like I put one on every year...

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I have a question about the relays for the glow plugs

what are the two of them for and which one does what? the engine is having a hard time starting and not sure which one to replace? the guy replace the one, the shorter of the two I think. also what are the part numbers from Napa or whoever else.

both relays are the same height, I think one is on a taller bracket..

you can tell which one is which; the GPR has three wires coming off the load side; the other one is for the AIH and only has one wire on the load side.. IIRC the AIH is the one in front, the GPR the one in back.

marko

Hornet
Reaction score
glow plug relays and?

I talked to my local ford guy and he said in addition to the relays there is another part and dang I forgot the name of it. But he said that is the one to replace. Can anyone think of which part that might be. I really dont want to call the guy back I made him think I was gunna bring mine to him. The rough estimate for that part the 2 relays and glow plugs plus labor $800

JRJ04

Reaction score
I talked to my local ford guy and he said in addition to the relays there is another part and dang I forgot the name of it. But he said that is the one to replace. Can anyone think of which part that might be. I really dont want to call the guy back I made him think I was gunna bring mine to him. The rough estimate for that part the 2 relays and glow plugs plus labor $800

:lmao never fails to amaze me how much for wants to charge. Maybe that other part is the AIH (Air Intake Heater)...which is really useless unless you live in a really cold climate.

Glow plugs should be around $70 from the international dealership, stancor relay is around $30...and labor...shouldnt be too much. Id find a reputable shop and get it done cheaper.

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Agreed

You got it man! I did three injectors, and all the remaining o-rings for a guy here in Boston and charged him $600 total for labor. I even went to his home and did the job in the driveway. International or Ford would've been 3 times that......:eek:

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
I bet its the relay cause if its shorted across the posts it starts right up cold

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg