Help Needed Glow plug tip stuck in head

alaska_psd

old fart
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a while. I have an issue with my 94.5 psd. I was driving home from work the other day and the truck was running really bad, lots of blue smoke, got to the house and opened the hood and then a loud bang, the engine had spit out the rear glow plug on the driver's side. I pulled everything down and the top half of the glow plug was in the oil valley of the head, it blew a hole in my valve cover also. I was able to get my inspection camera into the glow plug hole and the tip of the plug is still in there. There is no way to get a hold of it. Any ideas on what to do before I have to pull the heads???

Thanks Jim

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a while. I have an issue with my 94.5 psd. I was driving home from work the other day and the truck was running really bad, lots of blue smoke, got to the house and opened the hood and then a loud bang, the engine had spit out the rear glow plug on the driver's side. I pulled everything down and the top half of the glow plug was in the oil valley of the head, it blew a hole in my valve cover also. I was able to get my inspection camera into the glow plug hole and the tip of the plug is still in there. There is no way to get a hold of it. Any ideas on what to do before I have to pull the heads???

Thanks Jim

that's about the only option you have

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a slim and I do mean slim chance of getting it out with a flexible magnet through the injector port however given the fact that it spit the GP out, check the threads in the head and you may have some damage to the head, cylinder walls & or piston from the tip of the GP floating around in there so pulling the head for a good inspection may be needed anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58