glow plugs

stroked 350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys , need to replace my glow plugs. Where can i find directions to do this? Dont have a factory manual.Thanks Chuck

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you need glow plugs I have 8 nearly new one's that I will sell. Changed them because I was getting my heads worked on. They are about 4 months old. Chris. Oh also check WIKI about changing the injectors and I think it is almost the same procedure removing the valve covers, then it takes 10mm? to remove them, just unplug, replace, and redo the valve covers. I think......

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
It's not that bad. The worst part is trying to get the passenger side valve cover off, particularly the two lower/rear bolts. I found the best way to get those two buggers was to use a small rachet and go at it from the right front wheel well.

Once you get the valve covers off, it's pretty easy as long as you don't have a stuck tip that breaks off and stays in there.

As long as you're in there, I suggest you get some of the little plastic wedges from Ford that lock the UVC wire harness connectors together. Those UVC connectors coming partially or totally apart account for probably more problems with the 7.3 than anything else.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
ah ha! found it. T_G where do I get those plastic wedges to lock up the uvh?? ford? if so what do I ask for??

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
awesome $10 bucks. thank you very much!!!!!!!! ill make sure to get them at the same time i order the glow plugs!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58