GM 150 units, Ford 50,000 units???????

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i think they said it all
Ford wanted something more mainstream, and would fit in a driveway.
the kodiak just doesnt fit that bill and its HUGE compared to the 450.
its more of a niche crowd hence the 90k base price,

if ford pumps out the new 450 pickup in the 52-62k range i bet they out sell expectations,
there capital costs should be in check as well,
the body is already paid for , with the exception of a few slight modifications,
frame is new,
i know a few 350 drivers that would jump on it at those prices

it wil lbe interesting for sure

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
screw that... if I need anything more than an F250, I'm looking in the used semi-tractor section of Wheels-N-Keels...

I think I said this on another thread, although I cannot remember which one... I'm actually in this predicament right now... we're on the verge of going on the circuit with our horses and hitch wagon, and a trailer that's capable of being hauled with an F250 or F350 ain't gonna git it...

so far, I've found two semi's, one a conventional, the other one a cab-over, both less than 500,000 miles, both less than $15,000..

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oi8228oi said:
the best part is dodge is no where insight....
Not yet. They'll probably find a way to put a pickup bed on the new heavy duty D3500 that they are introducing. When that truck was first announced, I sent "Dr. Z" a message and asked if they were going to call it a D4500, but never received a reply. Guess they thought it wasn't a "worthy" question.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I guess I see more than one way to interpret this article.

1.) Are we comparing apples to apples here? The Chevy looks more like a competitor for the F-650 Crewzers.

2.) How badly will Ford hurt thier F-350 sales with this F-450? If Ford sells 50,000 F-450's does that in turn mean that they will most likely sell 50,000 less F-350's? Or will there magically be 50,000 new consumers looking for something to park in the driveway next to the F-350?

3.) Maybe GM is just letting Ford be the crash test dummy on this, if it flies then they will be in the market in 12 months, if it fails.... GM loses nothing.

4drdually

Wrench Head
Reaction score
Here's what most people don't get. Just because GM has that big clunky truck that looks like a 650, its not. They're max gvw on a 4500 is only 17000 pounds. Closer to a 450 and a 550. Most electric companys now use the 2 interchangably. A 550 is just a smaller vehicle to get into spaces easier. They use the 4500's when they need a bigger frame and footprint. But GM is right, who needs their truck? It will compete with the supercrewzer not because of the weight carrying capactiy but because of the height of the hitch and bed. The 450 will sell because people can use it as a regular truck and go out to dinner in it when not towing. Would you want to drive that gay gm somewhere? And as for the 50,000 buyers coming from nowhere.... You'll have people that tow marginally on a 350 moving up, and all the people that have been buying 450's and fitting them with beds, buying the trucks. The body makers will lose sales though. But not really since everyone will be buying fords soon:D

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OT

Did anyone see the article that hinted on the POSSIBLE "Ford-GM merge"? No one at either company is working on it right now ..... but since things went south with the merge of GM & Nissan/Renault, there seems to be ALOT of folks that think "Ford with GM" talks are next. :dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58