go to jail- come out a millionaire

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Uh...the guy lost 23 years of his life. And not 8 hours a day for 5 days a week. In prison. 24 hours a day. 7 days a week. For 23 years. What a waste. :(

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a lot of money... but doing 23 years hard time for something you didn't even do??? I think that's a much better compensation package than the usual, "Whoops, sorry about that" and a handshake from a smug prosecutor.

Maybe if they made the attorneys that put them away pay half of that, they wouldn't be so quick to throw any warm body standing around in prison just to improve their case record!

I don't know about you... but I'd rather be free and work to earn my living and be poor, than to have Big Bubba's breath on the back of my neck for 20 years just to get a million bucks!

Just my :2c

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I think the man is being underpaid. Thats a long time locked up. He did not do it.
I would want a million for a month in prison. Imagine going in at 25 for something you did not do and get out at 50.

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see his prosecutor now spend the 23 years time in jail. Have you ever witnessed a prosecutor in action? there vicious. And I'll bet the prosecutor at his trial used every dirty trick in the book.

dpantazis

Reaction score
and what gets me is the "45 processing time"

WHAT! i could see a fews days or a week, or transfer to min security while processed, but once he is determined innocent, then why incarcerate him further?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
If I were to spend 20+ years in jail for a crime I didn't comment? 2 million ain't near enough reimbursement.

+1

here in CT the innocence project just helped prove a man innocent using DNA a month ago.

20 something years in jail, he went in when he was 19, its not official yet but he will be getting upwards of $5 million.

food for thought...................

you went to college or trade school, and you arent making 5 million however you have a means to support yourself and function in society. he went to jail for 20 years of his life, has no skills at all, nobody is going to hire him even if he was just proven innocent. the 5 million needs to last him the rest of his life.

these guys have the rest of their runied lives to enjoy the "nobody" they have become, and the "nothing" they have to show for it.

is it better to jail the wrong guy, or let the right guy walk because there is a sliver of doubt?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
and what gets me is the "45 processing time"

WHAT! i could see a fews days or a week, or transfer to min security while processed, but once he is determined innocent, then why incarcerate him further?

the guy here in CT they just let go, the DOC wanted to keep him a while longer, argued with the judge my wife works for when he ordered them to take the shackles off. they wanted to keep him locked up until EVERYTHING was finalized. "he will be walking out of the courtroom a free man today " said the judge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14