Goal: Insane dyno number

nc1500

MyFirstPS444
Reaction score
One of (if not the) first 1000 HP 444 using stock block and as many internals as possible and sticking with the HPOP set-up; drugs will be used (CNG and NO2). Proper tuning and combination of parts a must, including a John Wood full trans rebuild; nothing too crazy like common rail injection. Twins aren't out of the question, though I've been thinking about doing something different with this one.

Thoughts? Can it be done for under $10,000?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I doubt it. One of the guys here wanted to do 600 reliable street horsepower rig for $20,000. He did NOT like the price!!

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
To the engine. I got this number by doing a google search on 600 hp on 7.3 diesel engine.

Dave

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, not a 1000 HP for under $10,000. Interinals will most likely have to changed, rods, headstuds, and alot of other goodies. Of course the tranny alone is going to be half your total cost right there. I had a fully built one put in my truck and it was just over 4K. It will be a hard test to stay at the price.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
way more than 10k. i think it could be kept under 20 if you do most of the work yourself, and get some good deals on turbos etc.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
horsepower costs exponentially the higher you want to go.

i would love to follow your build and see what you end up with, 1000hp or less i love seeing big HP 7.3's!

nc1500

MyFirstPS444
Reaction score
Thanks, guys.

I asked Scott at Trucks Unlimited a couple of years back this same question; your repsonses mirror his. My 10k budget was just engine; supporting system upgrades are necessary evils on these trucks, even at stock levels.

I was wondering about what would break first if left stock; pistons, rods, block? BTW: what would it take to destroy one of these blocks?

Current plan of attack:

- bedplate
- ringed/studded heads w/ performance build
- studded bottom end
- stage 3 injectors
- dual HPOP
- FASS
- 38R on the small end/??? for the top
- more efficient cooler/ water-meth
- GNG/NO2
- electric fans
- John Wood full build
- 6" stack, layed under v/s through the bed
- TW chip

One more crazy goal: 1000 hp not smoking...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58