Going Super Duty

jpsmith

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm a long time Ford Driver. I bought my first F-250 back in 1978. I have been flogging my current 2001 F-150 4x4 Off Road and I think that my Fifth Wheel Camper is finally just getting to be just too much for it. So. I am taking the plunge back to Super Duty. I've heard all of the horror stories about the Early 6.0; but I found an ultra low miles 2005 F350 FX Dually that I can not resist. I'm riding up to the dealer with the intention bringing it home Any tips would be appreciated. Jim

image04.jpg
:)

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Get him to show you the Oasis report. This will show you everything that FORD has done to this truck. Welcome to SDD!

Dave

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(with just 6238 miles on the Odometer)

Man, why has it been setting around so much? You better treat it like a new truck when you start driving it.:sweet:sweet:clap:
Doug

jpsmith

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, The Oaisis only had one sensor replaced in 9/09, think it was a recall of some kind.
We took it out for a nice ride this afternoon. 17.4 mpg (according to the message center) mixed open road and in town. It really runs nice.
And it is just like new, not a spec of dirt on the undercarrage. Not a single fastner corroded. All of the factory grease marks are still bright. No Fifth Wheel hitch ever installed, not even marks on the Receiver Hitch of pin. Not even scuffs on the bed liner.

A rare find !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14