Good place to buy a lift

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
This might not be the best answer, but it's better than nothing:

Northern Tool has some lifts of variing styles. Some even have free shipping. Based on your avtar location of AZ & CA, Norhtern Tool has several stores in the Ft. Worth/ Dallas area and appear to be the closest stores to you.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
Guy on another board bought one of these and seems pleased with it two years later.

a friend of mine has that exact same lift.hes had it about a year now.he has no complaints about that i know of.ive used it and seen him use it,looks to work very well.but the instructions for it sucked in the wireing of the safety switches.i dont know how many times both of were trying to figure it out,but it took a bit to figure out.but nice lift for the money.i dont know about hangin 10,000 pounds off of it though,i dont think id trust it to pick up that much weight.but id never trust a 10,000 pound lift to handle more than maybe 7500 pounds.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine has that exact same lift.hes had it about a year now.he has no complaints about that i know of.ive used it and seen him use it,looks to work very well.but the instructions for it sucked in the wireing of the safety switches.i dont know how many times both of were trying to figure it out,but it took a bit to figure out.but nice lift for the money.i dont know about hangin 10,000 pounds off of it though,i dont think id trust it to pick up that much weight.but id never trust a 10,000 pound lift to handle more than maybe 7500 pounds.

I'm with you on not maxing out a lift however here are some of his test shots. I would feel comfortable with my truck on the lift but I have the advantage of a far better weight distribution than the stock truck so it makes setting up the lift arms a bit easier.

lift028.jpg

lift029.jpg

and the thread

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i wouldnt trust it with either of my trucks not a 10,000 pounder.my idi weighs 9200 empty.and i believe my dually is somewhere around 7500.ive personaly seen what happens when a lift gives out and folds over with a truck on it.its not pretty.

northshore

Northshore
Reaction score
Thanks for the information, especially for the CHSSI link... up till i got this post I was headed toward "Automotive Service Equipment" and was looking at the XPR10CX Bend Pac or the DM-10CX Dannmar lift... any advice or comments on either of these lifts or do you think the SL 10,000 OH lift from CHSSI is better lift for the money.
Im not sure if im getting it... but are you guys saying that a f-250 SD powerstroke is too heavy for a 10 k lift... Im pretty sure mine doesnt weigh 7500 lbs

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You should be fine if your truck weighs around 7200 pounds. Just don't get close to the rated weight with your truck weight.

Dave :thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58