Good price on Motorcraft PSD 15W-40?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Crumm, they were off the shelves and in the dime bin in Jersey for about 6 months. I remember buying 10 of the things for $30.00. Then, for whatever reason they came back.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I should have read this thread more closely.... Sunday I changed my oil. Those damn jugs LOOK like 4 quarts. I wondered why my dipstick read full after only 3 jugs. I added 2 more quarts thinking the oil just hadn't run all the way down. Guess Im the dipstick! Tell ya' what though, those Fumoto valves sure make correcting such an error a breeze!

blueoneton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bama

That is a decent price for the PDS oil. It is also a decent oil made by Connoco-Phillips. I've used it in the past.

big bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The MC 15w40 is a decent oil, I have used it in my 2002 F350 7.3 in the past. It's made for Ford by Conoco-Phillips. I now use the RotellaT 15w40 and will switch to Rotella 5w40 during the cold months. My truck likes the Rotella and it is easy to find. The MC 15w40 in the 5 quart jugs was hard to find in many parts stores. I have noticed that Parts America and WM now carry the 5 quart jugs for 9 dollars and change, which is a good price. I pay that much for the gallon jugs of Rotella 15w40. If you deside to run the MC 15w40 you can't go wrong, like I said it is a good quality oil.

for uall's info the mc 15w40 is one tbn higher than the rotella, just thought i let u guys know. food for thought, had a ford mech. pointed this out to m,e, look on the back of the bottle and uwill see what i mean. see uall!!!!:sweet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I pick up my 15w40 oil at Tractor Supply Co for $19.44 a 2.5 gallon tote. I keep buying Travellers for Blackstone gives my oil samples high marks for the quality of it.:sweet

They swear I have an Oil Bypass kit installed:D

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
full MC oil change for under $40 from wallykillsamerica! I usually use the mobile diesel oil but they were having a sale on oils so they were out of a bunch of types. I just hope this is good stuff, good stuff never comes cheap:dunno

MJ Synthetics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have read this thread more closely.... Sunday I changed my oil. Those damn jugs LOOK like 4 quarts. I wondered why my dipstick read full after only 3 jugs. I added 2 more quarts thinking the oil just hadn't run all the way down. Guess Im the dipstick! Tell ya' what though, those Fumoto valves sure make correcting such an error a breeze!

Fumoto Valves are the bomb for draining oil. I love my Fumoto for taking samples while having the engine running keeping the oil stirred up and giving you a clean accurate sample. With the nipple valve and the tubing I send you in the kit I just put the tubing on and stick it in the hole in the middle of my catch pan and open the valve and let it drain very easy and clean and I don't ever get that last thread splash on my wrist when I am pulling the drain plug out like before.

I have a special on Fumoto Valves this month for anybody interested. 1 nipple valve, safety clip and tubing in a kit and free shipping to lower 48 continuous us states.

Last edited:

blueoneton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iracemine

I have used the MC 15w40 several years back in my 2002 F350 7.3, no issues at all. I am now using Delo so far so good, truck likes the Delo. Anyway, I think the MC 15w40 is a decent oil and I think it is still made by Conoco-Phillips? The 5 quart jugs make the oil changes a little easier. I think it is a decent oil choice for the money. When I was using the MC 15w40, I couldn't find it anywhere in the 5 quart jugs. The dealers didn't even have the 5 quart jugs only bulk and quart bottles ?? I didn't want to deal with 15 bottles each oil change which is why I stopped using the MC 15w40.

big bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shell rotella 15w-40

i live just a few miles from licking, mo. i was talking to one of the drivers from the elect. department and their in house deisel mechanic was instructed by the home office to change the oil from shell 15w-40 to power stroke 15w-40.the deisel mechanic became curious and ask why? the answer was that shell
did not have enough anti foaming additives in the oil which was making the eng noisy and the injectors was not getting enough oil which causing them to be extremely noisy. i have a 01 f-350 with the 7.3 and i changed the oil over to psd 15w-40 and my eng. became a lot quieter in just a couple of minutes after starting. this made a believer out of me. this made me an extremely happy camper. :clap::sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg