Good Riddance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjstef

Big Sky Country.........
Reaction score
The 6.0 is gone! Traded it today for an 05 Expedition. They would only give me $18K for my 03 and picked up the Ex for 19K with a 48 mo, 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty. They said the 03 will be on a truck midweek headed for auction. Used 6.0's are not selling for chit up here. Got all the trucks i need at work if i need a truck. Good riddance. The dealer said if i would have traded it BEFORE the warranty expired i would have gotten about 4K more for it!!! They DO NOT keep any 6.0's on the lot if there out of warranty. The 7.3's sell good though. In fact they have people waiting to get used 7.3's. Mostly ranchers and contractors. It's really pitiful that my 2000 7.3 that was not near as nice of a truck as my 03 traded for $21,000 in 03 with 4000 more miles on it!!!

Also notice our local utility company had some new gassers waiting to be picked up at the dealership. They are dumping there 6.0's as fast as there falling apart. To be honest the only people i know that have decent running ones are ones that have em for casual use. All the big companies here are having issues and changing to gassers. I suppose the 60 cent difference in fuel price has something to do with it too. May pick up a friends 89 7.3 5 spd to run back and forth to work in. It has 115K on it and has been sitting for 2 years behind the barn. Needs glow plugs but for $1000 i can jump in it dirty after work and not worry.

BTW, just beating around town it i am getting 16mpg vs 14mpg with the 6.0 :eek:

atk

Reaction score
well hopefully i did too....time will tell....i guess depends how you use them or abuse them. also maitanance is important....-popcorn -popcorn

mjstef

Big Sky Country.........
Reaction score
It seems like the trucks in the south seem to run a lot better than the ones up here. Almost all of my problems were in the winter with the 6.0. The shop here is 5X as busy in the winter as they are in the summer. Amazingly with 122K miles the engine NEVER had an oil leak!! I truely believe the engine would have been a whole lot better without all the EGR crap and if Ford would have programmed more fuel off idle. It would also be nice if the injectors were no so sensative.................

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
The 6.0 is gone! Traded it today for an 05 Expedition. They would only give me $18K for my 03 and picked up the Ex for 19K with a 48 mo, 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty. They said the 03 will be on a truck midweek headed for auction. Used 6.0's are not selling for chit up here. Got all the trucks i need at work if i need a truck. Good riddance. The dealer said if i would have traded it BEFORE the warranty expired i would have gotten about 4K more for it!!! They DO NOT keep any 6.0's on the lot if there out of warranty. The 7.3's sell good though. In fact they have people waiting to get used 7.3's. Mostly ranchers and contractors. It's really pitiful that my 2000 7.3 that was not near as nice of a truck as my 03 traded for $21,000 in 03 with 4000 more miles on it!!!

Also notice our local utility company had some new gassers waiting to be picked up at the dealership. They are dumping there 6.0's as fast as there falling apart. To be honest the only people i know that have decent running ones are ones that have em for casual use. All the big companies here are having issues and changing to gassers. I suppose the 60 cent difference in fuel price has something to do with it too. May pick up a friends 89 7.3 5 spd to run back and forth to work in. It has 115K on it and has been sitting for 2 years behind the barn. Needs glow plugs but for $1000 i can jump in it dirty after work and not worry.

BTW, just beating around town it i am getting 16mpg vs 14mpg with the 6.0 :eek:

i run mine hard and LOADED we have zero , countem zero engine related issues, i must have got a good un -popcorn

and i get with 4.30 gears......15 city almost 16 and

11 towing the rv monsters:thumbs :thumbs
hope your trade is good for you

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
We've got an 03 Expi, its a good day that it will see much more than 16 on the highway and right now it is experiencing its second go round with 4x4 trouble. Right now its stuck in 4 low and wont come out. Previously I had trouble with the solenoid on the axle. Form and function have been decent with with the Expi but mileage sux and I am not happy with the second dose of 4X probs here.

If I had a choice between the two, I would not take an Expidition over a 6.0, but I also would not choose the 2003 model year in the 6.0 class.

mjstef

Big Sky Country.........
Reaction score
We've got an 03 Expi, its a good day that it will see much more than 16 on the highway and right now it is experiencing its second go round with 4x4 trouble. Right now its stuck in 4 low and wont come out. Previously I had trouble with the solenoid on the axle. Form and function have been decent with with the Expi but mileage sux and I am not happy with the second dose of 4X probs here.

If I had a choice between the two, I would not take an Expidition over a 6.0, but I also would not choose the 2003 model year in the 6.0 class.

I drove a few 01-03's and then drove the 05. All i can say is there is a HELL of a difference! The 05 is a 300 HP 3 valve engine. I also would not have bought it without the extended warranty. This was a dealer owned truck and they buy the extended warranties on all of there rentals. I had this sucker 2 different times when my 6.0 was in the shop. With diesel 60 cents a gallon more than gas i figure i'll save 1000 a year on fuel not to mention 1/3 the price for oil changes and air filters............

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I truely believe the engine would have been a whole lot better without all the EGR crap

i totally agree with ya there.

i am on my third one, BUT, that is really not the enigne itself. that EGR crap is all about emmissions and keepin the tree huggers happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14