Good Riddance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cthehentz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The problem is Ford out sells Dodge and Chevy/Gmc combined so you are going to have more bad apples on the road. You all think it's bad now wait until the new trucks come out this year with all new motors and yes emmisions. Get yourself the newest copy of Diesel Power and read up.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i have the lastest edition of diesel power, and it says nothing about what the problems are gonna be. i am sure there will be some, there always are, but nobody knows until the problems start, diesel power mag is not crystal ball.

cthehentz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Then is what I should have said is with all the added emmisions you will have more problems. Could have done without the crystal ball remark though.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
you know i am normally refrained/restrained but you sir are about to ..no you did,,, -mad
quote "mjstef
'whole lot better without all the EGR crap and if Ford would have programmed more fuel off idle. It would also be nice if the injectors were no so sensative................."
'

obiviously you never heard of the EPA... they set the standard of which all must meet concerning ENGINES...
low fuel rate right off idle was to reduce unburnt smoke puffs, which is what and why most of the population percieves oil burners as being "dirty engines", never mind the fact that most owners fail miserably at preventive maint. like air filters fuel filters oil changes etc....which greatly adds to the current pollution perception.
you sir have some issues and i wil not sit by let you rant about BS and attack others here,with your bs remarks.

if you didnt like your ford ps. then thats your bus.
i amsure dodge and gm has had just as many engine issues as ford...shoot my 84 blazer crapped rear mains seals every 12k so hmmm.
have a great day

mjstef

Big Sky Country.........
Reaction score
you know i am normally refrained/restrained but you sir are about to ..no you did,,, -mad
quote "mjstef
'whole lot better without all the EGR crap and if Ford would have programmed more fuel off idle. It would also be nice if the injectors were no so sensative................."
'

obiviously you never heard of the EPA... they set the standard of which all must meet concerning ENGINES...
low fuel rate right off idle was to reduce unburnt smoke puffs, which is what and why most of the population percieves oil burners as being "dirty engines", never mind the fact that most owners fail miserably at preventive maint. like air filters fuel filters oil changes etc....which greatly adds to the current pollution perception.
you sir have some issues and i wil not sit by let you rant about BS and attack others here,with your bs remarks.

if you didnt like your ford ps. then thats your bus.
i amsure dodge and gm has had just as many engine issues as ford...shoot my 84 blazer crapped rear mains seals every 12k so hmmm.
have a great day

Who the hell did i attack??? The low power off idle nearly got my wife killed. I think i have every right to gripe. She was used to driving the 7.3 and when she went to pull across traffic the first time she nearly got T-Boned. No dealer was ever able to fix it. Just the nature of the 6-speed i kept being told. The whole issue is i have had 7.3's since 89. NONE of them ever caused any problems. If you remember the Reuters article about the 6.0 in 03 i was the one quoted in the article. I was giving Ford the benefit of the doubt at the time. My attitude has change over time. Wait till you have 120K on yours before you open your pie hole.................

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure the engine doesnt start just crapping out at 120,*** some trucks have probs and some dont, my engine had couple small oil leaks with less then 10***, been dry ever since not one drop, runs awsome no sign of changing, i love my truck :thumbs

budtoh3zo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 92,000 KM on my 03 and just had 2 flashes done, The motor has run flawless. The tranny thats a differnt situation. I have run mine up to 1600*F More then a couple times, I know im playing with fire but she runs like a top. My grandpa has a 03 with 140,000km on his and just an exsust leak and a tranny. He also has a 05 with 60,000KM no problems. I have seen more tranny problems then Motor Problems. I love my 6.0L. It has alot to do with maintaining them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14