good shift kit ?

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
new to the powerstroke world, looking for a good shift kit for my 01 4r100 trans. No problems, just wanting to avoid any. tried the forum search option, not much luck, currently the truck is stock with the exception of lift and 38" tires

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
The sonnax kit is a very popular, reasonably priced and easily installed kit for the 4R100. Another good one is the Transgo Tugger kit which is just another valve body upgrade with heavier springs etc etc and if you just want a bolt on kit there is one made by Greg Evans @ Factory Tech called the FTVB kit. Its a preassembled valve body with all the goodies in it already, all you do is drop the pan for your oil change and unbolt your VB and bolt the FTVB in place.

So there are several options available to you.

RacerX

AMERICAN INGENUITY
Reaction score
new to the powerstroke world, looking for a good shift kit for my 01 4r100 trans. No problems, just wanting to avoid any. tried the forum search option, not much luck, currently the truck is stock with the exception of lift and 38" tires

Transgo's staged spring set up I prefer to the tri sprngs and factory techs springs. I have built Valve bodys with both, and run a mixed hybrid. Transgo would be my choice for a kit. The advantage of a whole V B is the bores will be resized as well as being a bolt in. Factory tech is one of the companys selling them. There are others too.
-
-
-

scott3824

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Brians Truck Shop also sells a preassembled valvebody kit, I have heard good things about it.

muddinmike

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
sonnax is garbage. i put one in my truck because thatys what the guys here recomended and did a little towing with it. trannie took a dive a month later. only had 70000 origional miles. so 3000 dollars later I had a new tranny put in and this one has a trans go tugger kit. seems to be working good so far. If you really want to save your transmission put the biggest cooler on it you can find.

Sleeper Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are all great products. if you get one installed and then later get a programmer or chip, make sure you leave the transmissions settings stock. i had a chip (with a performance tune and shift frimness tune)and a shift kit installed on my last tranny. both of them together my tranny lasted maybe 1,000 miles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg