Goodyear Duratrac Pics and Review!

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
So everyone,
after researching and bickering with the wife, i got my new duratracs. 315/75R16's on stock lariat wheels. I got the set of four, tax and shipping to my door in three days for $913.00 online at performancepart4trucks.com. Got a 5% military discount too!! I comptenplated getting aftermarket wheels but glad i didnt because the backspacing would have made them rub the leaf springs even more.

here are some comparison pics.
Old 285's, they were down to the wear bars.
sizeimage.php

New duratracs. sorry it's not the rear like the previous photo. I didnt think!
sizeimage.php

sizeimage.php

sizeimage.php

sizeimage.php

sizeimage.php

sizeimage.php

sizeimage.php

sizeimage.php

sizeimage.php

sizeimage.php

Havent had them on that long, but here's what i've been able to gather so far.

The good:
1. These tires look great!! they give the truck a totally different stance than before. :-jammin
2. They are incredibly quiet for as knobby as they are.
3. They seem to have nice smooth ride to them.
4. I gained an inch in ride height.

The not so good:
1. They do rub my leaf springs at full lock
2. They also have a considerable amount of roll to them.
Both of these i was expecting. i don't really mind them rubbing the leaf spring. maybe an excuse down the road to get a small lift and switch to coil over suspension. as far as the tire roll goes, i'm guessing because theyre on the stock wheels. it does effect the handling but not too much, but i'm not driving a race car either. and this is something i can change with aftermarket wheels if i choose to. I will post more findings as i feel. (mileage, offroad, wet traction, wear, etc.)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look'n Good :sweet

Sets yer truck Off.. real nice. Whole different look. Hope they work for ya.. Good premice for that lift too :sly:innocent

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a lot of roll in my tires, bumping up the air psi a few pounds took alot of it out.

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks sick :sweet Next time i buy tires i'm gonna go up a size

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
thanks everyone for the comments. i'm still in awe at how much better they look than the old tires. it almost gives it whole new look. everytime i see it, i find myself thinking, "Damn, thats a good looking truck". not trying to brag or anything. i'm sure some of you can relate!!

I did take it offroad today on a pretty steep incline in some wet grass and they never broke loose. i'm almost positive the old ones would have. probably wouldnt have even made it up the hill!!

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
Looks great man. I sold those to a customer recently and they look very good installed. I may be switching to those when my BFG All terrains are worn. I will be subscribed to your long term updates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58