Goodyear Duratrac Pics and Review!

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my Duratracs for about 6000 miles and I'm very impressed. I have 285/70R17s. Traction on ice is great and off road they really shine. I consider the Duratrac a good compromise of all terrain and a mud terrain tire. The ride quality is a lot better than a true mud tire but the traction, especially off road, is a lot better than an all terrain.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
I have had my Duratracs for about 6000 miles and I'm very impressed. I have 285/70R17s. Traction on ice is great and off road they really shine. I consider the Duratrac a good compromise of all terrain and a mud terrain tire. The ride quality is a lot better than a true mud tire but the traction, especially off road, is a lot better than an all terrain.

I totally agree.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Update:

I finally checked my tire pressure today (should've checked right after mounting), and found the front to be 60 psi and the rear to be 80 psi. i guess sears went off the door sticker instead of the tire. After getting them to 65, i noticed a lot better handling and less roll. Also, these are great on wet pavement, which was one of my main concerns. I can damn near floor it froma dead stop and they dont lose traction. Still don't have enough miles to comment on wear. Also, after further inspection, i notice that they rub on the driver's side plastic liner in the rear. easily fixed with some minor trimming. I still love the tires though. I am glad I went with the 315's instead of the 285's. With my truck being leveled, 285's just looked too small for my liking.

Mac Land

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
New Wranglers

Just got a set of Wrangler DuraTrac's on my 2008 F250 Diesel 2wd. I up'd the size from 32's to 33's on my 18" stock wheel. Also, we added a 2.5" leveling kit.

I’ve noticed a few things off the get go.
1. It feels like I am steering in mud.
2. It takes a bit more to get up to speed.
3. It has considerably more Yah and sway.
4. Its kina bouncy, I found myself rocking front to back a little after a quick stop.

The tires are LT 285 70 R18's and they have a Max PSI of 80. My Truck's sticker asked for 60 psi, but that was on the old stock tires. The tire shop set them to 60. Tomorrow I will post a before and after pic as well as results of setting the psi at 75.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Yeah the place i had mine installed went off the door sticker to. Getting mine to the correct psi rated on the tire made a big difference. I was experiencing some the same issues you were.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg