Got a few mods done since Ive been here last

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am on a lot of forums so I bounce around quite a bit. But Ive taken all yalls advice and FINALLY picked up my dp tuner. Im glad I waited because there were a few good deals on some canned tuners I could have picked up.

I got the

0- no start
1- stock
2- economy 60 hp
3- towing 80 hp
4- racing 120 hp

I am extremely happy with the performance of my truck now, it has greatly greatly exceeded my expectations by far.

I also threw in my gauges a couple of months before I got the tuner, and Ive been busy with some exterior mods as well.

heres what it was before, since I turned it into a personal truck, Ive done a lot of stuff to it. works slow so we are running 1 crew only now. We may kick up another crew again, but we plan to re structure as an LLC soon so the logos were going to be replaced anyway.

DSC02005-1.jpg

Upgraded brakes with some EBC slotted and dimpled rotors with EBC Greenstuff 7000 pads
DSC02049.jpg

got my gauges
DSC02052.jpg

and a shifter out of a lincoln
DSC02053.jpg

got my stereo in

DSC02059.jpg

DSC02060.jpg

DSC02061.jpg

DSC02062.jpg

As she sits... plus the cab lights I added

DSC02076.jpg

62cbedd8-b43e-d4d8.jpg

62cbedd8-966b-14d6.jpg

62cbedd8-6d42-8128.jpg

Sorry for so many pics, I like pics! ha ha :sweet

Ive learned a lot from you guys over here and Im eager for more. My next plans are some injectors, or a turbo. Do you guys have any suggestions? I just dont want to prematurely wear anything out with the added horses.

Thanks a million guys, great guidance on giving my truck some much needed pep! :clap:

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
What kind of mileage you gettin with yer different tunes? When im ready for a chip its gonna be the dp chip. How big of a diff is the power/egt's?

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of mileage you gettin with yer different tunes? When im ready for a chip its gonna be the dp chip. How big of a diff is the power/egt's?

As far as mpgs go Ill have to get back to you on it, ive only had it in for about a quarter tank, and Ive been messing around with the different tunes seeing what difference there is. And boy I tell you it makes an incredible difference in power. my boost has gone from 19 to about 23-24 psi, EGTs were at 6, theyre still around 7 unless I lay into it then they bump up 9 to 1000. I havent gotten it higher than 1000 and I dont plan to. But man oh man, when I even tap on the gas on the 120 tune it lurches forward a bit, but before it hesitated and very slowly got up to speed. Its like a whole new truck. anyone on 35s with 4 10s and a stock motor will vouch for it.

I plan on driving it on economy 60 tune, or towing 80 (when Im towing ha ha) most of the time, but its nice to know if im in that mood I can give a mustang a run for its money ha ha. I dont condone that type of behavior, but hey, we're men, we all wanna go fast once in a while ha ha.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think of the new brakes, I have heard good things about them?
Doug

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're great! Nice and quiet. It's a little tough to tell because my rears are slightly warped, but still have some life in them. I plan to ebc's in the rear aswell. But for 70 more than ford motorcraft you cant go wrong. But so far I am very satisfied and I hope they stand up to the 100k mile warranty they promised.

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58