got a few new videos of my truck.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
nice vids. That's not a bad amount of smoke for not havin injectors. Do you know how much power you can gain by removing cat and muffler? Also, what do I need to make a DIY Tymar style intake?

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice vids. That's not a bad amount of smoke for not havin injectors. Do you know how much power you can gain by removing cat and muffler? Also, what do I need to make a DIY Tymar style intake?

an intake is easy,i got a filter from walmart for like 17 bucks,then bought a adapter that goes fom like 4 inch to 3 inch i think,all cost like 25 bucks,plus i wrapped the adapter end in heat tape to make it a tighter fit into the filter.check it out.i cant believe anyone would pay 150 for one,thats crazy.:dunno

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
my intake is a little different than that. i got a 45* bent stainless 4" piece of pipe and got a coupler and my filter. i will put up some pics of it.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
ok, thanks guys this is what I was lookin for. How much power do you think removing muffler and/or cat will get?

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
it will give you a little bit but not much. maybe around 10hp? replacing the downpipe with a 3" downpipe will get you more than that if i was a bettin' man. overall i would guess a full straight pipe exhaust with a 3" downpipe would give you maybe 20-30hp.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
ok, thanks. I've been seriously thinkin' about usin stock exhaust (for now) and just takin off cat and muffler. Also, did you then get a piece of straight steel tubing to go from the coupling at the elbow to the turbo?

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
nope, the coupling went over the stock aluminum piece where the ccv is at. just take out the stock air box and that black tube that runs to it. then you have the aluminum part that has the ccv running up through it. then you put the coupler on there and then the 4" 45* elbow, then the filter and your done. i got the stainless for free so i like it better over using pvc and stuff like some people use. the pvc will work though, i have used it on 2 other guys trucks in the past.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
ok, got it. I prefer using stainless. I think this is a whole lot better than payin $150 for some thing I can do in 30 mins. for $50! Thanks for the help. Now I just have to find time to do it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58