Got drums? Free 55 gallon drums in Silicon Valley

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Ran across THIS on CL, they're near the Great Mall off Montague. Picked up 4 yesterday. Nice, food grade, closed top, and they had vegetable oil in them, so no cleaning:sweet

Had a dozen left after I got mine, and maybe a plastic one too. She gets more on occasion. I'll hang on to the number, if anyone needs them after the CL post expires.

Actually I have another source of free drums in Berkeley too, but they had molasses in them. Cleans out with water easy tho.

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am just trying to figure out what I could use them for. altho I am looking to get into burning veggie oil. sure would be nice to have my own little stock of fuel here.

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Another Source for drums on CL, in the N bay, Sonoma area. For months I've had trouble finding decent drums to place as collection barrels, and for oil storage, now they are everywhere:dunno

I'll post pics later of how I usually set them up for restaurants, with a hinged lid and basket to pour the oil thru. A few I have made funnels out of old propane tanks for, but some people just can't seem to hit a 12" hole, making a big mess:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58