Got it shimmed!

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Just wanted to let eveyone who helped know that I got the fpr shim figured. I never did find the right size washers but I noticed that on ebay there were some aluminum plugs for sale in varoius sizes, so I made one of my own out of a small screw. With the expertise of whiteduty of course, his skills on the grinder are legendary. The only bad thing that came from this is the fact that when I was trying to return the favor I broke the fpr outlet off in the line on his truck. It all worked out I guess, but it sure made me humble!:doh::doh:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the Bottom Line is: Ya Gotr Dun ;tu

If you ain't already.. yul be glad you did. Big improvement OMO.

Joe

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Seems to be just what Bigjoe said, smoother and quieter. Maybe a littler more responsive. It definitely didn't hurt

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dyno runs proved that 60 to 65 PSI give you more HP.. some trucks dont like 70 PSI,,they tend to run ruff..mine likes 65 psi...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dyno runs proved that 60 to 65 PSI give you more HP.. some trucks dont like 70 PSI,,they tend to run ruff..mine likes 65 psi...

True Ron. But when we say 70 psi ? That's just an idle RPM psi to shoot for when doing this FPR psi mod by shimming... verses a Regulated Return set-up.. or the like.

As soon as you put a demand on.. empty or loaded, the "Working" psi drops off to 65-68 psi. (Like your Dyno runs ?)

Just wanted to make that clear (?) for those that might be thinking 'bout doing this Mod.

Joe

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I need to quit joking around and Shim my FPR. I hearing the good things about it and that it can't hurt

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my RR has nothing to do with PSI drop..it just makes it easer to adjust PSI with a knob rather then a shim..if your going to play you got to pay..yes PSI does drop at WOT..if your going to do WOT runs where the fuel PSI drops alot..then you should put one of these on there and it wont drop...

;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg