Humor Got Me a New R/C Airplane Toy

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Sounds like you fly like me and my kids. We gave up on flight and are sticking to the ground. We are currently running nitro Monster trucks :sweet

I've come to the determination that real airplanes are easier to fly than R/C models. I've been in the pilot seat of a real BUFF a few times, flown the B-52 simmulator at terrain avoidance, low-level altitudes while dropping bombs and evading surface to air missiles, and have even flown the B-2 stealth bomber simmulator. I never hit the grass or trees in any of them. :lmao:lmao

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
the bet is you build it & fly it between now & July 4th next year.

should you accomplish such feat in time allotted, I will come and ground crew for you, and pay off in person.

You can plan on keeping that $20.

I heard a set of engines like these:
View attachment 8573

cost over $1000 per each engine alone not to mention the rest of the airplane. I'll have to be content getting my prescription of propellers refilled on a weekly basis.:sweet

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a lot of fun. I had a friend,,"died a couple of years ago" That was heavy into rc planes. He was a crew member of the B29. I am a Pilot and took him for a ride years ago. He loved flying. We owned a Cessna 210 years ago, but now the cost of owning a plane is very high.
Sounds like the cost of RC aircraft is also expensive.
But we can not put a price tag on fun.
Enjoy. :D

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Looks like a lot of fun. I had a friend,,"died a couple of years ago" That was heavy into rc planes. He was a crew member of the B29. I am a Pilot and took him for a ride years ago. He loved flying. We owned a Cessna 210 years ago, but now the cost of owning a plane is very high.
Sounds like the cost of RC aircraft is also expensive.
But we can not put a price tag on fun.
Enjoy. :D

HERE is something special for your late friend.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HERE is something special for your late friend.

That was way to cool... I know Ken would have loved to see that. I am sure he would not have liked being inverted or doing an outside loop with the full size B29.
Thanks

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58