got my brothers 99... performance questons

neil_04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well today my brother handed me the keys to his 99 after buying an 05 fx4 250. the 99 is 2wd 250 psd with a performance muffler i think magna flow but still has 3.5 inch exhaust im gona put new exhaust on maybe stacks , and a tymar style intake, and guages. its got a DI 3 position its got alot of power but i was wondering which is better Tonywildman or DI for the 99s also what else should i do to the truck i want to safely run it with the chip on full time.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
As far as who's chip is better, probably depends on who you ask at the time. I have a DI and have been pleased. But I know of other with TW's and they are pleased too. So take your pick.:dunno

Rex-a-FORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
neil_04 said:
its got a DI 3 position its got alot of power but i was wondering which is better

First and foremost get a good set of gauges and you're on the right track with a Tymar intake..............then I'll put my vote in for a one of Jody's multi-position http://www.dp-tuner.com/ chips

I've got one of his six positions...........lot's of power and low EGT's...

neil_04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on guages what is the best product for the money when it comes to guages i not going to go pro racer but i want to accurately watch my tranny temp and boost pressure and egt

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
neil_04 said:
on guages what is the best product for the money when it comes to guages i not going to go pro racer but i want to accurately watch my tranny temp and boost pressure and egt

Did someone say gauges???

I like Isspro myself... Have both Isspro and Autometer, no issues with ether. But I like the looks of the Isspro better...

Sleeper Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like ispro due to its stock looking appearence with black background. same here with the tranny temp, it will creep up on you in traffic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14