Got my exhaust on!

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Just got done , MBRP turbo to exhaust brake, (kitty disappeared), left stock muffler on (ok pick on me Robert), went good, just had trouble getting joints ahead of the brake to seal tight(35 psi when braking). I got some 3" wide stainless 2 bolt clamps and sealant, perfect.:sweet
Then for the test drive...
:wow the WHISTLE!!!!:D :D :D
Without the rumble and roar it sounds really nice, just some WOOSH and a lot of WHISTLE!:thumbs
Needless to say, I like it!:D :D :D
:ford
Forgot to mention,:thanks to Mark and the others at DPPI!

Last edited:

99RedTA

spoolin up
Reaction score
not tryin to hyjack this thread, but bama, where did you get your train horns? That's the next thing on my shopping list!

01greensmoker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
you really do need to get rid of the muff man!! MAgnaflow makes a great one with either one out or two. It is by far the quietest one out there that is a straight through type. It comes in SS too. IT is the one that i have been using for a while now on customers trucks as well as my own. All you hear is the turbo and it is a quite as the OEM one at idle. Just my 2 cents.

dpantazis

Reaction score
Loose the muffler!

After debating on the name brand mufflers, I decided to go with the Walker Big Truck Muffler, branded by NAPA. My 2000's stock exhaust was in good shape, has a few more years left on it. Aluminized steel was ok for me for now.

I broke loose the oem muffler, and cut the hump pipe right at the muffler. I added a short piece of pipe (actually a 3.5 to 3.5 'adapter') to lengthen it and reach the hump pipe. I cut off the stock hangers and reused them by welding them to the new muffler. A little bit of creative smithing required, but acceptable.

The NAPA P/N for 3.5" is 21470 (38" oal), 4" 21471 (36" oal).
The 3.5" was like $60 with tax.

Whistle is HUGE now. At first I thought I may have broken an up-pipe connection somewhere since it was sooo loud.

Its not much louder than stock, and way quieter than no muffler.

dennis

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Exactly the reason the mufffler stays. I work late often, leave early, etc, and don't really appreciate the roar of the free flow mufflers. I might check into the Walker sometime.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
99RedTA said:
not tryin to hyjack this thread, but bama, where did you get your train horns? That's the next thing on my shopping list!

i bought them from a local car hauler here in Alabama. They are Leslie Supertyphon train horns. there is actually a guy in SC that lives on the coast that I bought some internal parts from. PM me and i will give you his name. he might be able to hook you up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58