got my gauges

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
YES, just dab a little grease on the drill/tap and go slow. Blow it out with compressed air before assembly. It is real easy drilling.

Dave

BigBadMarine

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Laying in a wet southeast Texas rice field.
I just installed a set of ISSPRO gauges in my 02 F350 from Deisel Manor. DI Performance here in Houston wanted $350 to install them:nono: After I did it, I realized how simple it is. It took me about 3 hours, so I know the so called pro's (DIP) could do it in 2 hours. That comes to about $175 a hour to install them:eek:

A couple of tricks:

I drilled the pyro hole dry. No grease or anything. The manifold was cold too. I started with a 3/16" bit and worked my way up to a size "R". Wear goggles. After I got done drilling, I taped a bent nail to a magnet and sweeped the inside of the hole for shavings. Any small shavings came right out attached to the now magnetized nail. Wipe it off, sweep again until no more shavings are on the nail. Then I used a shop vac to suck anything left. I bought a T-Tap wrench from Sears, which made it easy to tap the hole. The boost and tranny was even easier. Anyone with any type of mechanical backyard knowledge can do it.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just drill and tap... them little shavings will blow right thru the exhaust side and not hurt a thing...

clem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drilled and tapped mine with the engine running...with safety glasses on.

Reaction score
Man you must have had a small t handle all my t handles are 12 inches wide. What i did was turned around a 3/8's drive extension the tap slides right into the female side and you clamp the t handle onto the male side of the extension. Then while layin on a creeper you get all the room in the world with out hittin the leaf springs.

BigBadMarine

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Laying in a wet southeast Texas rice field.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl