Got my new brakes on...WOW!

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
I just finished the install of Cross drilled & Slotted rotors on the family truckster. HOLY G's, were stopping RIGHT NOW! The Hawk LTS pads in conjunction with the rotors at all four corners gives the pedal such a posative feel that it's just awesome. I'm a big fan of going fast, but stopping on a dime with 37" tires is impressive too. I sent the rotors to CRYO SCIENCE (along with my 'trap gun barrels) to have them cold hardened. Time will tell as to how much more life I get out of them. For $25.00 per rotor it was'nt a huge chunk to try something new. I know Powerslot offers them, but they dont have a drilled AND slotted rotor for our little pick-ups.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
sounds good irish. i hope only that those being drilled wont cause any warpage. the power slots are slotted only, but they still do a good job of getting the brake dust and gunk out of the way and disapating the heat. with the frozen power slots that i have, they told me you could see upto 3 times the life on the rotors.

mine still look brand new, so you should get alot of good use out of them.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Great photos there Irish! :sweet

How many lbs did you torque the wheel nuts down to just outta curiosity?

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
sounds good irish. i hope only that those being drilled wont cause any warpage.....

I know, I had the same concerns but the manufacturer has a solid replacement warranty and the guys at 'Cryo said they have yet to get a report of one of their treated rotors warping or cracking. We'll see.-popcorn

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
Great photos there Irish! :sweet

How many lbs did you torque the wheel nuts down to just outta curiosity?

With the wheels being chrome plated aluminum & lug-centric, I set them to 130 lbs and will re-torque tonight(will have 100 miles on them when I get home).

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I know, I had the same concerns but the manufacturer has a solid replacement warranty and the guys at 'Cryo said they have yet to get a report of one of their treated rotors warping or cracking. We'll see.-popcorn

10-4 irish, great deal on the warrenty

Fx4ord

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you guys getting the powerslots and Hawk Pads? I was thinking about getting some. I also was thinking about the 8 piston calipers to go along with the rotors and pads. If any of you have this set up just let me know where you got them from.

Thanks,

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i think you can get the calipers at SSBC (stainless steel brake company), not sure if they have them for the superduties or not yet.

discount power parts carries both the power slots and the hawk pads.

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the wheels being chrome plated aluminum & lug-centric, I set them to 130 lbs and will re-torque tonight(will have 100 miles on them when I get home).

Are you supposed to torque them to a certain torque? I guess putting them on with an impact is why I get the hops on hard braking...
Thanks,
Jesse

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
My initial throught was the same as Bama. I know on performance cars it is a no-no to get drilled rotors because under extreme use (usually on an open track course) they tend to crack then explode.

But with the warrenty it sounds like they stand behind thier product and know what they are doing. I am also intereseted in seeing how the Cryo treated rotors hold up. Keep us updated!!

Do you have any pictures with the rims off so we can get a good look at the rotors :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14