Got rid of my powerstroke

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
Well I hated to do it but after 3 years and 107k miles I sold her to carmax. After 4 visits to the dealer with problems in the last 10k miles and it still didn't get fixed It was time to get rid of it. It got so bad I couldn't tow a empty trailer. 3 dealers couldn't figure out what the problem was. I ended up getting a 2009 GMC 3500 Crew Cab Dually with LMM Dmax. I test drove everything out there and the dmax ran much better and the seats were more confortable to me than any of the big 3.

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you'll have a complaint on thr D-MAX.....I got rid of my 6.0 a couple years back......too many problems.....not enough cash to fix it out of warranty. Good luck with new ride.:)

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
sorry to hear that matt.. good luck w/ the new ride...

what was the exact problem(s) you were dealing with?

why did you go dually?

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
went to the dark side....:nudge....:D....good luck with your new truck....
Not going to the dark side but really returning from the dark side. :dunno

sorry to hear that matt.. good luck w/ the new ride...

what was the exact problem(s) you were dealing with?

why did you go dually?

It was surging alot under load and after head gaskets, egr and cooler, oil cooler and cooling system replaced it was still doing it. No dealer could find what was wrong with it. With me traveling alot towing a trailer I couldn't be worried if i was going to be sitting on the side of the road so it had to go. Since i do tow quite a bit i figured i would try the dually out.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
lol thats true guys.... my buddy has a pretty nice 05 2500 and mine of course is an 05 F350... his rides a little smoother than mine.. but don't worry i have let him know that his comfort is just a cover up for the main issue HAHA....

all kidding aside.. it really just depends on someones luck... i would never own anything but a ford.. but i have had great luck with all of mine and my father too... i have some family that say the same about chevy...

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
I will say i did test drive a new 09 king ranch and it rode 100 times better than this gmc suspension wise but the seats just were not confortable. Me being a tall guy with a bad back the lumbar hit me too low in the back. We have a 08 ccsb at work and i drove it for a week and it was a pain to drive. Besides the new 6.4 just dont feel like it has any power. the 6.0 i had was bad enough pulling out in traffic but the 6.4 is even worse and along with the 12mpg on the high way was enough to try a dmax.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58