got some goodies ordered for the ol 95

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
:sweet Nice lil spot for us old guys to BS.

Please allow me to toot my own horn a bit, as today I will be getting some new goodies in for the ol 95 that I've really been looking forward to & didnt really have anyone to tell. 4wheel parts.com was kind enough to send me out 4 new Dick Cepeck 37x13.50x16 Fun Country II's mounted on Weld F1 Cheyenne 8's in a 16x10 already mounted balanced,new stems, center caps & stainless lug nuts.

Then within a few more days hopefully my 4:56 gears & master install kits will arrive from Reider racing to help roll these new treads over a lil easier. Then to top it off I also have some intercooler plumbing coming to finish the retro-intercooler install & a few look pretty items like new foam for my drivers seat & a new cloth cover for the bottom of the seat. A guys gotta have a good seat to plant his rear in.

I caught the wife with her back turned away from the check book :thumbs

Quadzilla

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Good for you, Brian!! It sounds like your truck will be going through quite a transformation. Provide pics as you "morph", eh?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
What will those 37's and 4:56's give you for a final drive ratio? (I'm to lazy to do the math)

Or where abouts will you be at on the rotator clock @ 70 mph?

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
I'll get some pics dont worry. :sweet

Honestly I dont really know what the final drive will be as I'm the same way & have been too lazy to look up the formula & do the math. right now with the 315's & 3:55 cogs - In OD @70ish the rev's run around 1780 from the AIC display which is a bit low for my taste.

Now the sad part I dont like is doing the speedo recallibrating - I did the math about 5 times & many rotations divided yadda, yadda, on my 315's & put in the numbers on the cluster but was still about 2 mph fast as compared to my lil Rino GPS - Now I gotta do all that again. :(

Quadzilla

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've done the math, and since you're tires won't be that much taller than before, (slightly over 2"), the effect of the gear change will be considerably greater than the change in tires. If my math is right, at 70mph, you'll now be doing 2138rpm. Once you've got everything changed over, let me know how close I came.
Of course, I had to use the nominal 37" height as part of the equation, so if they measure different than that, my numbers will be off, and the warranty will be voided. :)

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
Quadzilla said:
Of course, I had to use the nominal 37" height as part of the equation, so if they measure different than that, my numbers will be off, and the warranty will be voided. :)

:D OK I'll hold ya to it. My camera is out of batts so I'll grab some on the way to work tonight & get the tires on tomorrow & grab a few pics. I did get the items done to the wifes Bronco & got the new foam & seat cover installed in the truck while waiting for the rest to come in today.

They finally come in just a bit ago & are out on the back porch, The precision rings & pinions, master install kits came in also. So far everything came out OK except they shorted me 2 stainless lugnuts & gave me 2 extra center caps for the rear & one open ended cap for the front that was broken. Maybe they will trade me a closed cap for a open :thumbs

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
HERE is a calculator, I came up with 2315 RPM's at 70 for you, but that was using guestimates on some of the imputed data. I'd like to get my revs down to ~2000 @ 70. Right now I am 2200-2300 @ 70 w/stock tires and 4:10's.

Quadzilla

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'd like to get my revs down to ~2000 @ 70. Right now I am 2200-2300 @ 70 w/stock tires and 4:10's.
I've got 4.10's and 35" tires, and at 2000rpms, I'm running at 69.5mph. Is that close enough? :) :)

CLR95

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I must have bigger gears than 4.10's because with 35" tires and when I run 70 I am up in the 2200-2300 rpm range and would rather be in the 2000 range. :dunno

Quadzilla

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Chris- Has your speedometer been recalibrated? If not, that could easily explain the discrepancy in rpm/speed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58