got some goodies ordered for the ol 95

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Scott,

That would be perfect,,I think my next set of tires will be 35's.

I see that Chris is running a manny tranny, that prolly accounts for the different RPM's.

Mike

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
Got the tires on today & threw some new pads on the front & started a few pics in the webshots.

Dang it! I knew it though - they sent me the wrong center caps altogether as they would only fit prob a 1/2 ton vehicle with small hubs & no rear hubs sticking out.

Went to check the air & low & behold 1 has a bad valve stem that wont allow you to put air in or check the pressure -mad

I swear every time I mail order, I cant win for losing :dunno

Do yall have this luck with mail order?

CLR95

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
No Speedo hasn't been recalibrated guess that might help but I have had people follow me and say they are goin the same speed my speedo is readin so who knows.. i think this truck is gonna get a lil transplant sometime and I won't have to worry about it anymore and I am not talking about a Cummins swap either haha... :D

Quadzilla

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Chris- Having a manual transmission gives you slightly different gearing, though I can't recall if yours is geared higher or lower because of the tranny. Also, if the speedometer hasn't been recalibrated, that can make a fairly big difference. Prior to recalibrating mine, my speedometer was off by about 7%, or 140rpm @ 2000.
Brian- Nice looking tires and wheels!! It's too bad about the center caps, though. I haven't had any trouble through mail order, not yet anyway. Keep the pics coming.

Last edited:

Moremph

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wow that thing keeps looking better and better :sweet

What you going to do with those old junky rims :dunno

:D

Travis

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
they are sitting in the garage, I figure I'll sell off the tires,wheels,centercaps but I need some steel ones with the smallest tires on it they make so I'll have something to put on it to get it in the garage.

Took it for a jaunt today, heh,heh had to pull the front bumper as it will rub at full turn, so tomorrow I'll take a lil off the edges for clearance. One big plus with the new rims is no more rubbing on the leaf springs at full lock :sweet

The tires are balanced with Equal - never had used the stuff before, was pretty disappointing till the packets broke & started distributing itself in a couple miles - kinda felt like the wheels were put on about an inch off center & close to riding a roller coaster :D

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
You might try just shimming the front bumper out a little rather than cutting it. Once you cut the edges rust will try to attack it. I used a small stack of washers on mine to move it out 3/4" but if you need more then you may have to get longer bolts and use some tubing or something.

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
Thanks, I may do that, I'll take a bolt & that nut/clip to work with me tonight to see what I can match up thats longer.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yeah, if your bumper isnt shimmed, shim it. Way better than cutting. Or drop the cash and get one of them smooth aftermarket jobbers.........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58