Got some new shoes today

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, tires look awsome man.

I just bought me some cheapos yesterday to keep me goin,...I would love to get me some of them tires,... or atleast some 19.5x6 rims and tires

whatever floats your boat. I personally dont care for the look of the 19.5 or 22.5 wheels on a SD, or any pickup for that matter. Just think it looks way dispoportionate. Might could see the 19.5 if the truck was lifted good amount with some beefy tires on them.

Scott

fuzzybear

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah,.. 19.5 might be to much,..especially the price of those tires, but my 16's gotta go..someday. Im a long way from that bridge tho,.. gonna invest in engine/tranny mods

I just picked up 6 Unioyals for under $740 balanced/installed out the door.

lol,.. people keep asking me, "those tires look small for that truck, is it suppose to look like that? "

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fuzzy im w/ 'cha on the tiny 16's but when i got 70k outta a set of tires it
was hard to argue w/ makin' a change.

if nothin' else GOOD 16s are easy to find and CHEAP

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not out of my pocket.

:lmao :clap:

damm 19.5 tires are nearly TWICE the price of my 16s plus
the cost of the wheels...and thats the "cheap" stuff...
dont get me wrong id love to have 'em...they look great but
youll never get an ROI on 'em.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Dunno Don,

Looks like powder coated Ricksons go for about 280 each and then about another 300 per tire, depending on whatcha get. What it really comes down to with that whel/tire combo is load capacity.

I bet if you get honest answers out of most of the guys upgrading to 18's and 20's with whatever tire they put on they are not cheaper than 2400 for a set of 4.

I know that if I get 50,000 miles out of my tires (which is stretching it) and he gets 100K out of his, he is money ahead on miles per $ over me.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Most guys that switch over to 19.5 Ricksons are doing it for the load capacity not to save any money. I read about them all the time over at the camper forums. When hauling a heavy camper on a SRW truck the 19.5 ricksons make the truck handle great and the load capacity can't be beat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl