Gotta love Jasper........

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
installed the Jasper E40D today. I got to plugging everything back in and found out that the main Trans harness wouldnt fit the plug on the Jasper-mad So I have to take out the Jasper send it back and get the one that fits. (they make 2 for that truck one with my plug(8 pin) and one with a newer plug(11 pin) So I have to try and get my trans in so I can put in my TW chip saturday.....Down to the wire again. thanks for letting me vent.............

RacerX

AMERICAN INGENUITY
Reaction score
installed the Jasper E40D today. I got to plugging everything back in and found out that the main Trans harness wouldnt fit the plug on the Jasper-mad So I have to take out the Jasper send it back and get the one that fits. (they make 2 for that truck one with my plug(8 pin) and one with a newer plug(11 pin) So I have to try and get my trans in so I can put in my TW chip saturday.....Down to the wire again. thanks for letting me vent.............

Hope you don't mean pulling the whole tranny. If you mean the solenoid connector thru case on right rear pan, unbolt just that and swap in the new pack. If it's the range switch on the lever, same deal. You can also rewire the connector to work on the range switch.

If it's the solenoid, Jasper will want the tranny back I'm guessing. Those are early units with weak parts and won't hold up behind a PSD. Unless someone like me updates them with new stronger parts. ;)
-
-
-

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
Hope you don't mean pulling the whole tranny. If you mean the solenoid connector thru case on right rear pan, unbolt just that and swap in the new pack. If it's the range switch on the lever, same deal. You can also rewire the connector to work on the range switch.

If it's the solenoid, Jasper will want the tranny back I'm guessing. Those are early units with weak parts and won't hold up behind a PSD. Unless someone like me updates them with new stronger parts. ;)
-
-
-

yea we had to pull the new one back out and the "newer" correct trans will be in this morning....

RacerX

AMERICAN INGENUITY
Reaction score
yea we had to pull the new one back out and the "newer" correct trans will be in this morning....

Pita pulling it again. Look at the connector not plugging in as a blessing in disguise. They still make you buy a cooler and new lines with the tranny?
-
-

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
I bought the Jasper because my dads company has a commerical acct. with them for his garbage buisness so they arent going to screw me over and I have great customer service. I got the correct trans from NJ friday morning after ordering it thursday morning. they rushed it out using an alternate shipping company to help me out. And no they didnt make me buy an outside cooler for the trans but I did read something about them upgrading the interior cooler...

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
No new news here. We put a E40D trans in a E350 with a 460 gas that shifted very slow. Slipping erratically. They sent us a new trans and while replacing it you have to drain the fluid, there were 4 valve body bolts laying in the pan and the 5th was loose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58