Gran Torino movie review

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went and saw it yesterday because it was getting rave reviews on a duck hunting site I'm on. Everyone was saying how it should be picture of the year and I didn't think it was all that great. I'm not going to ruin it for those who haven't seen it but I was wondering if anyone felt the same way I do. The story line was good the ending was good but the acting was horrible.:dunno

On the other hand I watched Valkryie and I liked that one. Not a Tom Cruise fan at all but he was believable in the part.;tu I can't wait to see WWII movie that comes out friday, I just can't remember the name.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Mrs TG & I saw it a couple days ago and we both thought it was pretty good.

I guess a lot depends on what expectations you have going into the theater. I wasn't expecting the best movie ever, just a decent Clint Eastwood flick.

I suppose I figured it was going to be a "Dirty Harry" goes geriatric film. :fogey
But since I only had medium level expectations, I can say it was better than anticipated.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TG
I agree with you. Clint is obviously this best actor in the movie. It just seems he always plays the grumpy old goat he just doesn't seem that much different than in Million dollar Baby. Story line is very good I just thought the supporting actors would be better. :dunno

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58