Grand Kid, "HELLLP"

jviola

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, I new this day would come but nooooooo!

I get a call today from my daughter and the first thing she said was hi grandpa, I said this is your dad, she said i know, hi grandpa. The next words from me can't be said here. What is going on with these kids? You teach them, you tell them, you show them and they still do the complete opposite. Not only is she to young ( 21 ) i,m not old enough!!! anyway does anyone have any of those little rubber bands they use on the farm for the bull calfs? i'm going to need some.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
aint nothing wrong wth being a papa, grandpa, granddad
its so cool being able to see em young, spend time and spoil em rotten

congrats ;tu:clap:

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, enjoy the ride. Little kids are a gas, er, diesel, err, a blast. You get to always be the hero, spoil them, and send them home.

This is something to be happy about, because if you aren't someone is going to sense it. Find the joy in the moment.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Grandkids are great. You get to play with and spoil them, and then give them back to mom & dad when you've had enough for the day. Think of it as payback for all the grief your kids gave you when they were growing up.:sweet:sweet

View attachment 8789

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Well, I new this day would come but nooooooo!

I get a call today from my daughter and the first thing she said was hi grandpa, I said this is your dad, she said i know, hi grandpa. The next words from me can't be said here. What is going on with these kids? You teach them, you tell them, you show them and they still do the complete opposite. Not only is she to young ( 21 ) i,m not old enough!!! anyway does anyone have any of those little rubber bands they use on the farm for the bull calfs? i'm going to need some.

Dude... relax. This is going to be fun. And 21 isn't too young, I have a lot of friends that started at 21 and 22 years old. My parents had their first son at 21 (my older brother). YOu have a choice to make here, and the choice will be one that will stick with you for the rest of your life...

YOu can change your outlook, and enjoy this kid with all your heart and be the best grandpa ever (and if you are young, that is all th better, you'll still be capable of hunting, fishing, camping, hiking with the little one when he gets old enough) and your daughter will love you and you'll enjoy yourself

Or...

You can be ornery and grounchy about it because your daughter didn't choose to live HER life exactly the way you wanted and on that principle, have strained realtions and possibly have the kid not want to be around you (like what happened with my Granddad).

Make yer choice... i know what I'd do.

jviola

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Grand Kid

Thanks every one.
Momma and I had a little chat with the kids over the weekend and we voiced our opinions and concerns. It was a tuff weekend for them and they know they have there work cut out for them. Although we could have waited for this day to come momma and I embrace the fact that we will be grandparents. So when is it ok to give them Mountain Dew and candy bars??:sly

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14