Gremlins in my F350

rob1970

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2001 F350 Crewcab (powerstroke) and while i am very impressed so far there are a few minor things that dont work. I was wondering if anyone else has experenced these problems and if there might be a easy fix for any of them.

1- The door lock on the front passenger door seems to stick (about half the time) when unlocking with the remote or the unlock switch.

2- The cruise control light in the dash does not light up when the cruise control is turned on. The cruise control works fine otherwise.

3- There is no sound on the left front speaker. In my last truck (Dodge) i had this problem but it was the infinity system and it was a problem with the amp. Does the Ford have normal speakers or something like the infinity?

Thanks for your help

Rob

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guesses:

1- Door lock actuator going south

2- Likely the bulb for that light is out since the cruise actually works

3- When you replace the door lock actuator, take a look at the connections to see if they may have come loose. You may want to have another speaker on hand to test a known good one.

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
After reading his problemes I guess my cruise light doesn't come on either, I just figured that there wasn't one. Should it come on when you first turn the key on before starting?

as for the door locks thats common, my truck did that on both sides, and my dads 150 does it on the pass side. I replaced my actuators with new ones from the factory and everything is working great. I searched the web for the instructions to replace them, it would be nice if there was a wiki for them, alot of people have that problem.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Yep...My Dad's 00' passenger side door does the same thing...i dont know about the cruise control and the speakers are fine.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading his problemes I guess my cruise light doesn't come on either, I just figured that there wasn't one. Should it come on when you first turn the key on before starting?

as for the door locks thats common, my truck did that on both sides, and my dads 150 does it on the pass side. I replaced my actuators with new ones from the factory and everything is working great. I searched the web for the instructions to replace them, it would be nice if there was a wiki for them, alot of people have that problem.

The CC light should come on only when you Set the CC or when you Resume the set speed.

There IS a SDD DYI or WIKI about replaceing the doorlock actuators. I used it when I replaced mine. You can save a good amount by buying them from one of the SDD sponcors.

Speakers ? like others have said.. You'l just have to check'm with a known good one.

:dunno

firemediceric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me, too...

After reading his problemes I guess my cruise light doesn't come on either, I just figured that there wasn't one. Should it come on when you first turn the key on before starting?.

I have had my truck since March of 1999. I have never seen a cruise control light. I find it hard to believe the bulb would have burned out in the several months the truck was owned prior to me buying it.

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My CC light works like Big Joe's, but others appear to not have cruise lights at all, so I don't know. I guess there are differences throughout the years.

rob1970

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the info, looking at the owners manual it looks like the cruise light should come on when starting and when using it. I'll have to double check and see if there is a space for the light, but its a lariat version so i would think it should be there.

I am glad to hear Ford didn't use some stupid infinty-type radio system. To fix the dodge i had to replace the amp ($20 on ebay) but i would have had to remove the whole dash just to get to it. Needless to say that never got fixed.

thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58