Grinding 5th ... or 6th.

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whichever one you want to call it. Overdrive is grinding almost every shift. I was reading a post that Hoss made a while back about it and he said that it could be the clutch. The P.O. supposedly put a new clutch in it. It is REALLY stiff. How can you tell FOR SURE that the clutch is dis-engaging all the way? It feels like it is ..... but you never know.

Anyway, how should I initiate this diagnosis? I really hope it's not something internal.

cvdenson

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
SeventyMach1 said:
Whichever one you want to call it. Overdrive is grinding almost every shift. I was reading a post that Hoss made a while back about it and he said that it could be the clutch. The P.O. supposedly put a new clutch in it. It is REALLY stiff. How can you tell FOR SURE that the clutch is dis-engaging all the way? It feels like it is ..... but you never know.

Anyway, how should I initiate this diagnosis? I really hope it's not something internal.

I have the same exact problem as you. In the spring I installed the LUK clutch kit and it grinded before and after going from 5th to 6th. I was told that my synchronizers may be going bad, but I also noticed my slave cylinder was bad. I'm just getting around to switching out the slave and master cylinder. I'm going to see if this fixes the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14