Grizz vs Man

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up every time I read about one of these encounters so close to home. Heading up the river today and tomorrow, I bet we keep a close eye out when we pull up on the bank :watchout Time to get that new Smith & Wesson 460 XVR Revolver that I have had my eye on. "The Highest Velocity Revolver in the World - 2330 FPS/200 Grain! The Most Powerful .45 Caliber Revolver In the World - 2400 lbs/ft!" :sweet

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
One wise guy asked said:
What happened to the cubs? Young or old enough that they might survive?

Uhhhh, who cares? The guy lived though, thanks for not inquiring about human life.

Fine69

Reaction score
I like the gun, thats the first time I've ever seen that caliber. I carry a Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull during our bear season,(Black Bear), haven't had the chance to bag a Bear yet with it. Hopefully someday.:sweet

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Fine69 said:
I like the gun, thats the first time I've ever seen that caliber.
It is a new caliber. Getting to be very popular up here. I have a buddy that got one last year and it is the most accurate pistol I have ever seen. Dead on at 100 yards with open sights :sweet It does not kick as bad as a .454 Casull yet is much more powerful. Not many companies making ammo yet but it is available here in town.

I have a 460 on my list and I would also like to get a new 325 WSM caliber rifle. It is also a new caliber that has only been out there for about a year but they are growing in popularity very rapidly. Very nice gun for bear and moose with the velocity of the 300 Win. Mag. and the knockdown power of the 338 Win. Mag.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Crumm said:
It is a new caliber. Getting to be very popular up here. I have a buddy that got one last year and it is the most accurate pistol I have ever seen. Dead on at 100 yards with open sights :sweet It does not kick as bad as a .454 Casull yet is much more powerful. Not many companies making ammo yet but it is available here in town.

I have a 460 on my list and I would also like to get a new 325 WSM caliber rifle. It is also a new caliber that has only been out there for about a year but they are growing in popularity very rapidly. Very nice gun for bear and moose with the velocity of the 300 Win. Mag. and the knockdown power of the 338 Win. Mag.
Makes my Army .45 look like the relic it is. Real nice gun.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Why does that Robert Redford movie about the mountain men come to my mind? Anyone remember seeing "Jeremiah Johnson" where Redford plays Johnson and Will Geer plays the wizened old mountain man?

"Pilgrim, you ever skin grizz?" says Geer to Redford.

Then you hear Redford and a grizzly bear tearing up the inside of a cabin while Geer sits outside on his mount and grins.

Great stuff. Great on the job training for a mountain man. :D

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
rray32539 said:
"Pilgrim, you ever skin grizz?"
Nope not me :D

Made a run up the river today and didn't see any bears. Did see a few Moose but the bears stayed hidden.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14