Grounded MAP sensor?

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 2002 7.3 used. Whoever had the truck before me has a crimp on slice on the green wire coming from the MAP sensor and goes to ground. Does anybody have any idea what this does? I was thinking it gounds the signal and works as a boost fooler, but I don't know. It has been like this since I got the truck and the dealership has never said anything about it.
:dunno

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
Maybe there is a resistor on the wire. I fooled my 6.5L GM like that with a Pot and I gained 7 Miles per Gallon. It took me 8 years before having the courage to do it though. I am tring to figure the wiring on Mine to test it to. Maybe that is the answer I was looking for.

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do decide to try it on you'r truck, would you mind letting me know what the result is? I'm just curiuos as to what it is actually doing. Thanks.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
sounds like they grounded the signal return wire to make the PCM think you're running at WOT all the time...

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had the engine defuel. It runs good and seems to have good power. I was wandering if it was grounding the signal wire to act as a boost fooler to avoid defueling the engine under full boost. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the engine?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14