Grover Organtone Air Horns

N_P

Truck Nut
Reaction score
WooHoo...do those things ever sound sweet! :thumbs I finished up most of the installation a few days ago. (still need to make the cover for the compressor) I used a Viair 350C compressor, a 3 gallon tank and Two Grover Organtone horns 21-1/2 & 24-1/2 inches long. I laid under the truck for a loooooong time and finally figured out how to mount this stuff without having to drill any holes in the frame, and only one 5/16 hole on the lower lip of the cab, next to one of the running board mounts.

I had the local machine shop cut and bend a couple of pieces of 1/4 in plate steel for for the compressor and tank to sit on. Bead blasted, primed and painted the brackets. Marked and drilled holes, and bolted them to the frame using existing factory holes. Same with the mounting brackets for the horns. (thanks rlarkin for the idea of the 2" x 8" L brackets from the hardware store) They bolted right up to the frame and to the running board brackets.

Everything is tucked up under the passenger side and will not interfere with any type of hoist nor be in the way of anything that may ever need to be removed from the vehicle...IE transfer case, tranny etc. I love it when a project turns out so well.

Eagerly awaiting my first unsuspecting victim :eek: :cussing:

:sorry :roflmao

N_P

Truck Nut
Reaction score
hheynow said:
Nice install. Sure would like to hear those puppies. :cool: Can you post a .wav file? :D

Are you anywhere close to me? (Near Chico) They are better in real life and it is always nice to meet another PSD fan.

I'm leaving town early Thursday morning, and won't have time tomorrow. I'll try to see if I can figure out how to record a wav when I get back on the 21st.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
what was the total cost minus brackets for parts? Was it cheaper than the EBAY Viar kits? This is next on my list Budro

N_P

Truck Nut
Reaction score
I got the compressor delivered to my door for $145.00, cut out switch was $29.90, pop off valve was $15.00, and the horns, tank, and installation kit was 299.00.

Instead of doing the ebay thing, you might want to call Jason Gabbert @ 956-227-1312 or go to his web site
He does sell a lot of horns on ebay (usually selling the stutter horns for fire trucks) By calling him directly, you may be able to get a better price.

I really wanted the Viair compressor and the 145 psi cut out switch. If it weren't for that I would have purchased a complete kit from him.

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
N P,

Nice Install!

You will love those horns. I just replaced my solenoids on my Hadley's with some 3/8" from Suicide Doors. (1 for each horn). Wife does not want to ride with me any more. :D

One word of advice, Keep an eye on the filter. Mine is a 550C and I installed it in my truck box, but the cap does not stay on worth a darn. (seems to be not a great design). I'd hate to see that come off right when your compressor comes on and up goes dust. I noticed that one of the new ones has a metal filter housing. I'm waiting patiently hoping that they will come out with the same as a retrofit. -popcorn

Regardless, very nice install. (I love embarrasing my kids in the morning when I drop them off! :roflmao )

Barrett

N_P

Truck Nut
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments. I'm very happy with the way everything sort of fell into place.

I still need to finish building the cover over the compressor to keep it from getting wet.

A better filter assembly would be a plus. If you see something new, let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14