Gt38r

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 early99stroker

I run mine pretty hard (I like to race) and I've seen boost levels up to 34-35. Increased airflow from AFE-II helps a lot

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
How many of you pull with this turbo. And i do like to race some of those rice burners as well. The boost presure really jumps up from stock my stock turbo will pull 25 at best.

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulling campers or sled pulling?? as far as camper pulling its great..faster spool up and more air flow....a stocker at 25 30 PSI is building heat and at the end of its map..the GTP 38R at 30 PSI is about 1 to 1 on back PSI and the end of the map is at 40 PSI....just putting this turbo on isnt going to give you higher boost ##'s..it will add to the power though..if any thing it may lower boost just a tad...but its also flowing 33% more air then a stock at them levels...boost #'s dont make the power..the amount of air air going in does...

Last edited:

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
My bad i just figured that i would gain some boost. I quit pulling sled's back in the mid 90's i just pull the play trailer now.

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will gain...just not on the gauge other then it moves i little quicker cause its a ball bearing turbo...but it is also moving 33% more air then you are moving right now...

trouble

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Where is the best place to get one of these turbo's? How much are they? And are they very hard to install?

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1,500-$1,800

Check the site's sponsors first. I know eBay has kits available also.

Personal opinion: GT38R matched with AFE-stage II is a very good setup, arguably the best entry-level mods for our trucks.

I love mine, and I'm sure you'll find someone on here who can answer any of your questions. These guys are awesome. Very experienced and very knowledgeable.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14