Guages?

dpantazis

Reaction score
as far a 'best' brand, any name brand will work well. popular favorites include autometer, isspro and dipricol. price is also about that order.

install: the hardest part would be drilling out the manifold. the easiest pyro to install would then be the clamp style. some believe that the tap method is better. both work just fine. PRE-TURBO is the best way to go though!

i documented my gauge install and am working on a how-to page.

sinned's webshots gauge install

the pyro is on the first page. what most vendors pictures show is the manifold on the left of the picture when it it is viewed. it is deceiving. the manifold is above you! their photos are not rotated.

hope this helps

dennis

Car_nut57

Reaction score
The install will be about the same for any gauges you choose. We like the Di-Pricol gauges as they are very good quality with excellent lighting. We drill and tap the exhaust manifold on the drivers side from the bottom and use a small magent to retrieve any chips that may have stayed in the manifold.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
install is the same on all of them, no need to remove the manafold, just drill and go... Some people dont beleve in gravity and will use a magnate to get any shavings out but... Stuff falls down, not up!

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think about the overhead mount, I love mine... as well if you do a pillar mount, go for the four gauge and get a fuel pressure gauge. I have now changed the three pillar to a four and added two more to the instrument area.

dpantazis

Reaction score
overhead

after doing the quad pillar mount, i wish i had given more thought to the overhead mount. a little more work, but less obtrusive to your field of view.

as far as drilling the manifold, i assume that you are asking about the exhaust manifold. you leave that on and drill it while under the truck.

the intake y-pipe you have to remove to drill.

dennis

jguzman75

McAllen, Texas
Reaction score
The knowledge and information in this forum is fantastic!!! Thanks for everyones imput, and by all means keep it coming!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58