gun collectors please look

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
a friend of mine has a gun he may sell.but wants to see what its worth first.

its an 1880 ithica 12 gauge,double barrel,double trigger with damascus barrels.serial# 675.

i havent seen it but he saids its in great condition.i dont know jack about guns except my wife wont let me have one.

Reaction score
94f450sd said:
.i dont know jack about guns . . .

Me either - cept I'm pretty good at guessing which end the bullets come out of :eek:

Actually I do own a handful - pistols, rifle and shotgun - but I don't get into how much they are worth.
What your friend needs to do is just take it to any gun shop - they can give him a good idea. Buddy of my around the corner had one of his clients (elderly widow lady) ask him if he would buy her husbands gun collection for 2K. She just wanted them out of the house. He did - and then went to sell them. One shotgun ended up being worth 10K and another a little over 7K. I got a really good deal on a Beretta Shotgun for $400 bucks from him.

Anyway - point to the story is just to take it to a dealer or do a search on the Internet for the same model numbers.

Ron

dantheman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Check auction sites like www.gunbroker.com or www.gunsamerica.com

EDIT: Just a quick search and it could be worth anywhere from $350 to $2000. Without seeing it and not knowing about that old of a gun hard to tell. Best bet would to be to take it to a few dealers to get a feel.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya