Had a scare

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Went along with a friend who pulls a John Deere 6030 to a tractor pull about 75 miles away. He has a 06 SD King Ranch and 40ft. flat bed dually trailer. The JD weights 12,500lbs. and sits about centered over the axles on the trailer. Now for the scarey part. On the way home we started to pick up a viberation but couldn't find anything wrong. Then cruiseing 70 down a 4lane road we were doing a slide down the road. The inside front right rim broke shearing off the studs letting both wheels go under the rear duals which broke the bolt that holds the walking beam on shoveing them under the rear crossmember tearing the tires off the rims. Remember we are still doing 70. The axle is then back about two feet on the right side causeing the trailer to try to pass us on the right. Luckly we just went under a overpass that had a entrance ramp comeing down from it. Thats what we slid across and stopped on.:hail Glad I'm here to tell ya about my day.;tu;tu

Last edited:

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW!!, Glad to hear you guys are okay. Hows the Truck? I had almost the same experience about 8 years ago except mine involved ice and the result was Big dent in my 2000 F-350, dont wan't to steal your thread though

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
WOW!!, Glad to hear you guys are okay. Hows the Truck? I had almost the same experience about 8 years ago except mine involved ice and the result was Big dent in my 2000 F-350, dont wan't to steal your thread though

The truck came through the whole think untouched. Sorry about your dent.

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
Glad you are okay. You didn't happen to take some pictures of this carnage did you? I'm kind of interested to see what that whole mess looks like.-popcorn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg