Had the tranny rebuilt

ejpowerstroke97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay here is what I think. Brought it to a local trans shop with a real good reputation. Under 2k for the rebuild. I did not get a good aftermarket triple disc converter like I wanted but I really could't afford it. Okay first thing that I noticed is that under normal acceleration is the shift from 1st to 2nd is firm andso are the rest. Now, once I start getting on the throttle it slips only from 1st to 2nd. Now when I put it to the floor and just kinda slips in every shift. On a better note my temps dropped drastically. Just on a 45 minute drive home my temps would get to about 180-190. And as soon as I would get in to traffic it would get to about 215+. Friday when I picked it up I drive it for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours highway and traffic driving and it never got over 150-160 degrees. I already called the tranny guy and he said to bring it back so he ride with to see what going on and says that he will fix it. If any of yall have any experience with auto trannys I would appreciate some info. Thanks for all of the help guys.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure hope the guy knows what he is doing and does a real good job for you on your truck. Not everyone can build a tranny that can take the power and TQ that a PowerStroke puts out.
Good Luck.:sweet :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58