Halloween weirdness with lights and stuff

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Ok this is just weird and maybe a little long.Also hopefully in the right section.Tonight the wife was driving the X around with our lil girl and i would walk with the boy and then get back in and drive a few more houses down.Well I was getting in once and noticed the exterior lights were very dim, and when I got in she said the ABS light came on,also the CD deck would go off and the back on.All this would clear once the RPM's increased and we were driving again.Havent had any other probs recently just seemed weird like the ALt wasnt keeping up with the load or is it the regulator?Go figure it happened on Halloween.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE TO DRIVE THE X!!!!!!!!

maybe you should hang some garlic around the rear-view to wart off the evil DODGE & CHEVY spirits that are tryin to haunt you!!!!

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Batt connections are good.More drama this morning though.Truck started ok, then stared shutting radio off again then ABS light,heater blower very weak ,windows slow, and the all the gauges all went to nuthin like the truck was off, but was still ran fine.Drove down the road about 5 minutes and everything worked good again.Well turned it off at safeway and came back out to start and nothin, had to get a jump.Looking up prices on ALt's now and probally checl locally as well.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
mille-ryan said:
Batt connections are good.More drama this morning though.Truck started ok, then stared shutting radio off again then ABS light,heater blower very weak ,windows slow, and the all the gauges all went to nuthin like the truck was off, but was still ran fine.Drove down the road about 5 minutes and everything worked good again.Well turned it off at safeway and came back out to start and nothin, had to get a jump.Looking up prices on ALt's now and probally checl locally as well.

may want to check your batteries too while your at it.

i changed mine back about 4 or 5 months ago and 2 days later the alt. went out.

i had already cooked it when i changed the batteries, but the new ones kept it goin for another 2 days.

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
A friend has a load tester at his house were gonna check the batts in a few hours.He thinks it sounds like a cell goin bad in one of the batts.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get an alternator from a place that has a lifetime warranty like Autozone or Advance Auto Parts. You will never worry about buying another alternator again!

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
On one of our work trucks a 3500 chevy duramax, it does the same thing yours does when you first start it. There is about 9 volts at start up then after you rev it up the volt go up to 14 and the light get brighter. The batteries are new and it still does this. We havent had time to replace the alt yet.

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
My durumax did it but was a glow plug thing, once the plug hutdown youd see light s get bright and voltage go normal.
im leaning heavily to Alt myself, well see today.

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
wELL both batteries tested good.Alt was putting out low voltage at idle so I went and picked a new one from Checker and now pumpin out 14.5 volts at idle.Everything looks to be ok now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14