Hankook Tires

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone had any experiences with Hankook Tires? Discount Tire has them in the 265/75R16E size, and the tread really looks good. The rating by customers is 5 out of 5 stars. I'd like a tread that's got a little more grip than the standard road tread, but not like an off road tire, and the Goodyear Wrangler is a bit above my budget. The link for Discount's Hankook tire is: Tire Details - Discount Tire

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
i had 2 sets of the dynapro MTs and they did pretty good considering the area i live in.... never had those though...

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had Firestones on my PSD since Day One, right now I'm on my second set of Firestone Trans Force tires, but I'm thinking about changing brands even though I've had good luck with Firestone.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I switched from Firestone today. Didn't get the Hankooks, they were P Metric only and Discount Tire didn't have them in LT size, so I got Pathfinders instead. They really feel different and have a 55,000 mile warranty where the Firestone's warranty was only for tread life. The Firestones lasted 43,000 miles so I hope to get at least 55K out of the new ones.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Well, I switched from Firestone today. Didn't get the Hankooks, they were P Metric only and Discount Tire didn't have them in LT size, so I got Pathfinders instead. They really feel different and have a 55,000 mile warranty where the Firestone's warranty was only for tread life. The Firestones lasted 43,000 miles so I hope to get at least 55K out of the new ones.

if i could ever get 45k out of a set i would never change.... my roads are terrible (gravel, chip n seal, old asphalt with patch work everywhere, and hills)....

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i could ever get 45k out of a set i would never change.... my roads are terrible (gravel, chip n seal, old asphalt with patch work everywhere, and hills)....
In that situation, you'd probably want to get the cheapest tires available since they're not going to last long anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58