Question Hard/ no start conditions

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Hey guys it has been forever since I have been on the site and my once previous power stroke addiction is coming back :D. I have an 06 E-350 with a 6.0 that cranks forever before it starts. If the key is turned for a few seconds the first try then turned back off and cycled again for a second time it starts pretty quick. That was the case, but now it will not start period. I will disconnect the battery and reconnect to see if that will get the computer to reset. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you disconnect the Batts.. Clean the Posts & Clamps real good.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Will do, the batteries on the E-Series diesels are mounted passenger side on the frame in a drop down box basically a royal pia and very prone to corrosion.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
FICM's seem to be dieing and causing a no start. Scan your truck to see if you get fuel injection problem codes. I just had mine replaced at 115,000 miles. I have been hearing that they seem to go out about that time.

Dave

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Ok Dave. The battery disconnect and reconnect did not allow it to start. It will crank but just no fire. There have been numerous issues with this truck under warrenty and im not convinced the dealer has reflashed accordingly.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FICM's seem to be dieing and causing a no start. Scan your truck to see if you get fuel injection problem codes. I just had mine replaced at 115,000 miles. I have been hearing that they seem to go out about that time.

Dave

"FICM":dunno...... Fuel injector Control Module??

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
FICM = Fuel Injection Control Module. And fordtrucker4life; are you referring to your GAS engine???? We don't deal in GAS engines and trucks. Someone might know about your setup, but this is not a gas forum. Sorry.

Dave

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you referring to your GAS engine???? We don't deal in GAS engines and trucks. Someone might know about your setup, but this is not a gas forum. Sorry.

Dave

You talking to me Dave?

oh nvm...I see lol. He said in his first post its an 06 E-350 with a 6.0

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
No, not you rammer. I was talking to fordtrucker. You are correct in that he said E350 with 6.0 and then he said he posted in the wrong 6.0L forum, so I am guessing he is looking for info on his GAS motor.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58