Hard Start and Bad Running

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am having a problem with starting and running issues. In the mornings, or the first starting of the day, the truck starts fine but she runs like it is 20 degrees outside even though it is in the 60's. This straightens out after about 1-2 miles of driving and everything is fine. Now the hard starting happens if I turn the engine off and then within a few minutes try to restart it. The engine will turn over but no start. I can then turn the key off and try again and all is fine. Am I looking at glow plug issues or injector issues?

Thanks
Scott

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't think glow plugs are your problem, because they help when it is cold. After the first start you don't need them. Do you have a chip or power programmer installed?

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Disable it and see if your problem goes away. That is the only thing that comes to mind.

Dave

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I just solved my problem, I just changed the oil and everything is fine as far as the hard starting goes. I will have to wait and see about the bad running in the morning. I guess I went a little to long on my last oil change and the oil wasn't building up enough pressure for the injectors or at least that sounds good. I had around 6200 miles since my last change. I am sending another sample in to have it tested because on the last sample they said I was good for 7500 miles. I usually change it between 5-6k regardless but I just didn't have the time lately. Anyway, could that be a cause of my problems? If the problems come back then I will remove the Banks and see what happens.

Thanks
Scott

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running Rotella, why? I'm not say that the problem was the oil or the mileage of the oil but my starting problem has dissappeared but the bad running is still there but not as bad.

Scott

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14