Hard start and OD off light flashing?

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
My buddies dad has a 200 f350 with over 200k on it. he asked me to see if I could help him figure out what the problem is so here goes.

He said when he starts it when it is cold it will die after a few seconds of running but before it completely stops it catches it self and fires up again on its own and it will do this 3 or 4 times be fore it stays running and doesent cut out? thats the first problem the second it.

the OD off light flashes constantly while he is letting the engine warm up it will do this for up to 5 minutes after a cold start. it will do this even idling in park? and it starts hard if not plugged in and as far as he knows it has never had glow plugs replaced. so any help and ideas would be great, thanks in advance. Lee

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
the romping idle could very well be a glow plug issue..
I have seen trucks do this if they're wayyyyyyy overdue on an oil change..

the OD off light needs to be scanned for codes, but I'm going to tell you there is something up there as well. Guesses will wait until scans are complete.

DR.Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the dieing thing could be from the high pressure oil pump is consuming all of the oil in the high pressure oilpump resivor before the low pressure pump can fill it up.this is usually caused by exsesive oil pump gear clearance.a new set of low oil pump gears might fix it.as for the od light blinking,that codes need to be pulled to tell whats going on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58