Help Needed hard starting cold

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
Hello I need some help. The truck just started to do long cranking to start when cold. plug in or not I have checked and changed the oil. Fuel filter is new. Replaced all the glow plugs uvc harnesses. I also have checked the glow plug relay 12.5 volt key off an then drops to 10.5 with key on.

I did notice today when starting it I got a code it was a p1282.

In October I replaced the following.

New HPOP adrenaline
new ipr
new icp
new up pipes
GTP 38R turbo
new glow plug uvc harness and gaskets
new injectors Stage 1.5 180cc with 30% nozzles
installed the frx kit.
I have put 400 miles on sense all the upgrades. Truck run flawless.

any advise.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check & clean the Battery connections (12.5v off. 10.5v on) ?

How old are the batteries ?

Fuel pressure good ?

Joe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I had to reload this computer and I am missing my DTC's. I just did a search for Ford P1282 DTC and got an excess fuel control pressure. I am not sure how you would go about fixing this, but it is rated as difficult. Do a search (google or duckduckgo) for your self. Good Luck!

Dave

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
Big Joe
Battery's are cleaned and about 3 yrs old. the voltage drop 12.5 to 10.5 that's just at GPR post's to me that a lot drop. fuel pressure is good holding at 72 psi.

DaveBen.

This what I found on the code.

P1282 Excessive ICP pressure Faulty IPR regulator (sticking), IPR short to ground

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yer call but.. the 10.5v at the GPR, key on.. would make me wonder what the cranking voltage is ? Maybe a load test of each battery is in order ? .. before you address the IPR ?

As we all know.. Good, Clean, Strong cranking volts/amps (to the ECM/PCM) are paramount to these things starting, warming up and running right at start-up. Especaily at lower ambient temps ?

Joe

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
Sorry it's been so long to get back Just been working.

So I have load tested battery's GOOD check a few other things out. all good

I took it for a drive 50 miles and it has been starting just fine battery were probably just low because I don't drive it that much. But with the snow machine season starting it will be every weekend.:smobile

So thank you for all your help and input. Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS :wave and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58