Help Needed hard to start when cold no power

alex3012red

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
03 6.0 151k miles, been having problems when i first start the engine in the morning (temp 50s or 60 San Diego). it starts then dies, and then when it starts idle is bad, missing no acceleration slowly comes to normal, but there is no power til it reaches normal operating temp. I have changed the cps, 2 times in the last year, because it just would not start, no change in problem when cold. My friend told me he had similar issues with his and he changed the water seperator filter cover, which has the sensor and 2nd plug wich i dont have a clue on what it is. we checked mine and it was full of devry. bought the cover and now comes with only the water sensor and the dealer said it was replaced and that i needed to purchase a wiring harness for new part. No codes only when the cps i got a code. any help would be appreciated. thanks:dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You need to have it scanned. Your FICM maybe dieing and will have some codes in the PCM. A scan will retrieve those codes and confirm or deny this. My 6.0 had the FICM go out during Xmas and it was hard to start and ran rough until warm. Good Luck!

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58