Hard work pays off! Tooting my horn for a minute.

RazzyB

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
My boss and I were just awarded a patent:

search at this link

What a hard process, especially in this field. Took about 5 years since I completed the work, to receive this. :D

RazzyB

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
I've got no clue what any of that means...

Neither do I :eek: , hope I never have to go to court for this :oops: . Just kidding. Simply put, it's the addition of a class of chemicals to a culture broth for the increased expression of recombinant proteins.

yeah, I admit it, I'm a science geek :D

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
RazzyB said:
Neither do I :eek: , hope I never have to go to court for this :oops: . Just kidding. Simply put, it's the addition of a class of chemicals to a culture broth for the increased expression of recombinant proteins.

yeah, I admit it, I'm a science geek :D

OK, Now the you've explained it that way, It's all crystal clear. :confused:
LOL

JIM_C

Turbo Lover
Reaction score
RazzyB said:
My boss and I were just awarded a patent:

search at this link

What a hard process, especially in this field. Took about 5 years since I completed the work, to receive this. :D

Outstanding! You should be proud. I read the summary and thought of a few questions (I have a meeting in a few minutes; sorry I don't have time to read the whole thing right now).
1. This invention is not specific for a given protein, is it?
2. Have you compared this approach with methylase mutated (or knockout) cell lines? Do any exist?
3. Does the invention cause any conformational differences in the protein(s) compared to control media without the cytidine analog?

Good stuff, by the way. My post-doc project involved protein-protein interactions with respect to G-protein coupled receptor signaling mechanisms. Sometimes it was hell getting the cells to express functional recombinant protein - then, they were membrane-bound and I'd lose most of it during extraction.
As for the patent, I started doing patent law full time after my post-doc. So all of this is very interesting to me.
So, if your in-house patent attorney needs to farm out any work, I'm available :D :thumbs
.........JIM

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
I've got no clue what any of that means, But "GOOD for you. Congratulations!"

Same for me Brian..... But Congrats... Good on Ya

drchris1024

SDD Security
Reaction score
JIM_C said:
Outstanding! You should be proud. I read the summary and thought of a few questions (I have a meeting in a few minutes; sorry I don't have time to read the whole thing right now).
1. This invention is not specific for a given protein, is it?
2. Have you compared this approach with methylase mutated (or knockout) cell lines? Do any exist?
3. Does the invention cause any conformational differences in the protein(s) compared to control media without the cytidine analog?

Good stuff, by the way. My post-doc project involved protein-protein interactions with respect to G-protein coupled receptor signaling mechanisms. Sometimes it was hell getting the cells to express functional recombinant protein - then, they were membrane-bound and I'd lose most of it during extraction.
As for the patent, I started doing patent law full time after my post-doc. So all of this is very interesting to me.
So, if your in-house patent attorney needs to farm out any work, I'm available :D :thumbs
.........JIM

I think I saw a thread similar to this on TDS. ;) CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :thumbs

RazzyB

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
drchris1024 said:
I think I saw a thread similar to this on TDS. ;) CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :thumbs

Didn't post my 'triumph' over there...are you referring to JIMC's post? Anyways, :thanks

drchris1024

SDD Security
Reaction score
RazzyB said:
Didn't post my 'triumph' over there...are you referring to JIMC's post? Anyways, :thanks

I was being sarcastic :sorry . You didn't mention HPOP in there anywhere, besides no place to post that over there, you didn't ask a question??? :D

Does that patent have a cash cow that comes with it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14